Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday's Joys & A February Challenge

Hey everyone! How are you all? I'm feeling MUCH better today! I ate right yesterday, got in my kettlebell workout at lunch and rocked my Curves class last night AND dropped 3 lbs of water weight over night! Definitely feelin' good.

Today has been a good day so far. Its end of month at my day job so we've been busy - but it helps make the day go faster. I knocked out Kettlebell Arms & Shoulders today at lunch and feel awesome. Its amazing how heavy that little 10 pounder can get after a while! haha! After work, I've got my 2 After School classes which should be super fun.

So I've been trying to find something challenging to do in the month of February. Last year, I did the Vegan Investigation - which rocked, but I'm trying to think of something else to do this year that will challenge me but not interfere too much with my classes. One of my SparkFriends posted a challenge and I've decided to accept! So for the month of February, I'll be doing the 10,000 Swing Kettlebell Challenge! Woohoo! It should be awesome!

I'm going to need to average 333 swings a day to make this happen, but I'm going to be shooting for 450-500 a day to allow for a rest day or two if necessary. I'm really looking forward to this. The terms of the challenge are simple - just complete 10,000 swings! They can be single arm, double arm, snatch, squat, etc - just get them all done with proper form!

So for the month of February, my current workout split scheme is on hold and I'll pick it back up in March - hopefully with some more strength added to it. Since I'll just be doing swings, I'll be able to use heavier weights than the split workouts. I don't want to go too light and not get any results - but I don't want to go too heavy initially and burn myself out either. I am going to split up sessions over the whole day, so I'm not pushing too hard to knock out 500 at once since I still have all my classes to work around as well. I figure I'm going to bring my 15 pounder to work and leave my 20 pounder at home so I have a heavier weight at each location.

I figure if this whole thing is going well and I'm gaining strength, I'll treat myself to a 30 pounder halfway through the month!! EEP! So excited! I'll be keeping a running tally here of how many swings I've done - I'm really looking forward to completing this challenge! Its going to be tough, but hopefully get some great results!

No comments:

Post a Comment