Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Lifestyle Change...

Hey everyone! How are you all? I hope you're having a great Saturday!

Yesterday was a fabulous day! I got out of work 3 hours early, ran some errands and came home to rest before my class (make-up from Tuesday) This was my first class at this school and I think it went really well! I'm excited that it seems like each school this semester is going to be really fun!!!

After class, my hubby did the sweetest thing - he asked me out on a date :-P

I know some of you might think this is silly, but the hubby and I really strive to spend some time together each week (especially with me being so busy) So I thought it was a fabulous idea to go out on a date night with him! We decided to have an "off day" dinner - since we'd been doing really well all week. He's down about 14 pounds already (yes 14 pounds in 2 weeks!) and I'm down a little over 6, so this eating plan is working great for us!

Its been a while since we'd just had time to chill and talk - so it was really great to be able to go out. We talked about this eating plan and how easy and effortless it is for us - and that this will probably morph into our new lifestyle eating habits instead of just being a temporary diet. We agreed that its going to be the basis of our nutrition for the rest of our lives and that after the initial 4-6 weeks we're going to start incorporating "other" foods back into our diet if we are wanting them. We've both realized just HOW much money we are saving NOT going out every day (or even every other day). I think after 2 weeks of this, we are both truly seeing the benefit of this fabulous new eating plan and we couldn't be happier!

For some odd reason, we were both craving burgers for dinner - so we went to Red Robin and had a great meal! Hubby wanted chicken wings, so we split an appetizer of those (4 wings each). I ordered my favorite burger, the Bleu Ribbon burger (without the fried onion stuff) - but this time, I ordered it with a turkey burger instead of beef (which was no extra cost either!!) and sweet potato fries instead of normal fries. DAMN it was good, and didn't give me the super heavy feeling that beef burgers usually give me. I think I've found my new fabulous meal there!

After dinner, we decided to go walking around the mall. I got some pumpkin frozen yogurt with dark chocolate chips (OMG YUM!) and hubby decided to splurge and get an M&M blizzard. I stopped in at Zales to get my ring shined up (no loose stones!! YAY!) and we started looking at all the pretty shiny stuff!!! I found this beautiful blue topaz pendant that matched my engagement ring perfectly and to my surprise, the hubby told the store clerk "wrap it up!" Holy cow!! Its not my birthday, its not a holiday, not a special occasion at all - he just bought it for me "just because"!!!

He's just such an amazing man! I can't believe I got so lucky to end up with someone like him!! Here's a picture of my new fabulousness (sorry about the blurry - silly camera phone!) I love it so much!
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Anyways, after that - we came home and watched last week's episode of "Once Upon a Time" and a few other shows on the DVR. I passed out around 10 and he stayed up playing video games.

This morning - I fully expected to be up a few pounds (even if it was just water weight). I stepped on the scale and HOLY CRAP I was the SAME weight as I was yesterday morning!!! Down to the ounce!!! NO JUMP AT ALL!!! EEP!!! Gotta love maintaining after an indulgent night!!! I don't feel bloated or yucky either - ring isn't tight at all, I can slip it on and off with ease!! I did a little happy dance in the bathroom!

Today is back "on" the eating plan before our football afternoon tomorrow. Hubby is still sleeping and I've made myself some fabulous eggs for breakfast. Not sure if I'll get a workout in today - for some reason I just feel like curling up on the couch under a blanket (I'm really cold this morning which isn't helping with my laziness)

Anyways, today consists of going grocery shopping and maybe going to see Beauty and the Beast this afternoon. I'm letting the hubby sleep as late as possible - he's had a rough week and the sleep will do him good!

That's about it for me - not much else going on this weekend, and trust me, that's a good thing. Lazy quiet weekends are always appreciated!!! Hope you all have a fabulous one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment