Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy Friday the 13th!

Hey peeps! How you all doing on this fabulous Friday?!?! I LOVE Friday the 13th - for some reason there's always this awesome electricity during these days and its just fabulous!! I've been in a killer mood all day - which just makes it even better that its Friday!! :-D

First of all - woohoo for payday!! I'm really happy about it!! For some reason, the past 2 weeks seemed to take FOREVER!! Perhaps its because we paid off the credit card early in the pay period, so it seemed like there was a long time between that and payday. Today begins Day 1 of my new budget - and I'm super stoked. The way I've got it set up, I'll have $300 extra from this check and $125 extra from the next check to throw towards whatever we're paying off at the time. An extra $425 a month will definitely come in handy when it comes to paying off bills - and that's just my checks, not counting anything extra the hubby has to pay things with!! Woot!

In other news, weight has been steady for the past 3 days - but this seems to be the same pattern I experienced last week. It stuck for 3 days then dropped 2lbs overnight. I'm hoping for the same experience this week - it would be nice to be a little lower before our off day on Sunday, but its also nice that I'm maintaining at over 6lbs less than I was before.

I'll be taking measurements on Sunday morning so I can document changes. BUT I know changes are already happening. My tummy is starting to get flatter again and that pooch on the back of my hips (that used to poof out a little over my jeans) is gone - so I know I'm dropping inches as well! Yahoo! Also, I had to tighten the strap on my Bugg yesterday, which means that my arms are starting to trim up again as well.

I've been toying with the idea of using my exercise A.D.D. to my advantage and just doing whatever workout I want to whenever I feel like it. Since I'm so busy, I can't commit to any kind of structured plan without risking overtraining and losing my sanity, and this has been stressing me out for the past few months - because I feel like I'm not accomplishing anything. After weeks of dealing with this internal mental drama I decided to flip this around to my advantage. What if I just did a workout because I *WANT* to (not because I have to) whenever I felt like it. If I want to run, I'll run. If I want to swing some kettlebells, I'll throw them around. If I want to lift, I'll lift. If I want to Bosu, I'll Bosu...With no solid plan - fitness just for the fun of it (gasp!)

PLUS - it will keep my body from becoming stagnant and used to a pattern - if I just pick random workouts every few days (probably more geared to strength training or cross training since I'm already doing a ton of cardio), my body won't be able to get used to anything and it will constantly be challenged (remember that stupid phrase from Tony Horton about "Muscle Confusion" - kind of the same concept on a smaller, more aggressive, more effective scale)

Alright - random A.D.D. moment over - back to my current eating plan, I've been averaging a loss of 3lbs a week. Now - my previously anorexic brain tells me that this isn't quite fast enough, but I'm trying to work on this and be proud of this progress. I have to keep telling myself that 3lbs a week comes to 12 pounds in a month - which is some killer progress. AND this eating plan involves NOT starving myself! haha! I've been really happy with this nutrition plan so far, and it seems to be working well for the hubby too.

I had to tweak it a little bit and not eat too late in the evening - as there's some days when I don't get home until 7pm at night due to classes. I found that when I ate that late - I slept like crap. So this past week, I've eaten most of my calories in the morning, stopped eating between 4 & 5, only drank caffeine first thing in the morning then stuck to water for the rest of the day and started cutting back on the water around 6 or 7 that I've been sleeping more soundly and rarely have to get up to use the restroom in the middle of the night. Of course - more sleep = more energy and more energy + less dependance on caffeine = happy me!

Got one class today after work (a make-up from earlier this week) so that should be fun - then I'm free for the weekend!! My inner Disney freak (okay...I lied...I'm outwardly a Disney freak too...) REALLY wants to go see Beauty and the Beast in 3D this weekend (and we got movie gift cards for Christmas - so this might be a damn good possibility on Saturday!) We've got some great plans for Sunday too - so its shaping up to be an awesome weekend!

A dear friend made us some amazing looking baked goods (homemade brownies, cookies and 2 kinds of muffins!) which will be our indulgence on Sunday morning!! I can't wait for them!! She's an amazing baker, so I know they're going to be incredible! I just need to find the discipline to wait until Sunday to eat them! haha! I've hidden them towards the back of the fridge - out of sight, out of mind....

Alrighty - that's it for me...not much else going on at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment