Sunday, August 15, 2010

Today's Workout 08/15

I totally killed it today in my workout! I worked my ass off and feel incredible!

Here's my workout from this morning that totally whopped my butt! Good times indeed! Tomorrow is a well deserved rest day from working out, and I'm looking forward to the inevitable soreness that is coming my way!

Circuit Strength Training Workout - circuits done as fast as possible with no more than 30 seconds rest between each circuit

Circuit One:
Wide-Grip Lat Pulldowns - 12 reps at 50lbs
Medium Underhand Grip Pull-downs - 15 reps at 50lbs then held mid-point for 30 seconds
Hamstring Curls - 15 reps at 50lbs
Jumping Lunges - 10 reps on each leg
One Minute Fast High Knees

Circuit Two:
Terry Pulls - 40 reps with resistance band
Standing Lat Pull-downs - 10 reps at 25lbs
Back Kicks with Shoulder Press - 10 reps per leg with 5lb dumbbells
One Minute Fast High Knees

Circuit Three:
Seated Cable Rows - 12 reps at 50 per side on Bowflex
Step Ups - 20 per leg on Step Level 10
One Minute Butt Kicks

Circuit Four:
Incline Bicep Curls - 10 reps at 15lbs each
Pike Crunches (aka Jack Knife) - 25 reps
One Leg Hamstring Curls - 10 reps per leg at 50 pounds
One Minute Butt Kicks

Circuit Five:
Supermans - held midpoint position for 1 minute
Boat Pose - held for 30 seconds
Reverse Plank - held for 1 minute
Jump Rope for 1 minute

ONCE THAT WORKOUT WAS DONE....I WAS JUST GETTING STARTED!!!!

After Circuits were done, went out around the neighborhood for my 5K training run. Since I've been training mainly on treadmills, today I focused more on inclines and alternate terrains to increase my endurance which added so much more to my workout and calorie burn. Today's run totally whooped my ass - after the circuits my legs felt like jello - and after my run they felt like lead! haha! For my runs, I averaged between a 10.5 and 11 minute mile pace and hit every hill I possibly could in my neighborhood

Warm Up - 7 minutes
Interval # 1: Run for 5 minutes
Recovery Time: 3 minutes brisk walk
Interval # 2: Run for 8 minutes
Recovery Time: 3 minutes brisk walk
Interval # 3: Run for 5 minutes
Cool Down - 10 minutes with well deserved stretch out when I got home

Total Workout Time: 83 Minutes
Total Calorie Burn: 722 Calories (Woot!)
Total Distance Ran: 2.83 miles (including warm up and cool down walking distance)

No comments:

Post a Comment