Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Moar Running!!!

So I totally kicked butt in my running workout again - I can't believe how much I've fallen in love with running as a form of cardio! I feel so powerful when I finish! I NEVER got that kind of satisfaction off an elliptical or bike before! It just feels like what my body was designed to do - which if you think about it, as cavemen, we were designed for running. Today during my run, my playlist played the perfect music to help get me through my workout, gotta love good tunes that keep you going! I pushed myself harder & faster during my last interval than I have during my prior distance training. I was pretty wiped out at the end of it, but I feel like such a bad ass for making it through it at a faster pace, which means I went a longer distance in the overall run! Woot! 3.1 miles in 30 minutes doesn't seem so impossible now!

Anyways, nutrition has been on point and I'm hoping to see a loss this week - in inches or weight, either works for me. I have a strength training workout planned for later today and I'm really looking forward to that.

Today's Running Workout:

Warm Up
Interval # 1: 10 minutes running at 5.5 MPH
Recovery Time: Walk at 4.0 MPH for 3 minutes
Interval # 2: 10 minutes running at 6.0 MPH (faster speed for me at this distance! woot!)
Cool Down

Total Distance Ran: 2.35 miles
Total Calories: 305
Total Time: 30 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment