Monday, April 4, 2011

The Weekend of Food Nightmares...

So I overdid it this weekend - knew it would happen. Went out for sushi on Friday night, and restrained myself but still left full. Saturday night was my Sister-In-Law's birthday at the Melting Pot, and the hubby and I shared a Big Night Out (a 4 course dinner of awesomeness!). Once again, didn't eat to the point of uncomfortableness - but was definitely full. At dinner I had 2 glasses of wine and 1 unexpected shot from the bartender (which was HUGE - it filled a rocks glass and was 100% booze, so it was really like 2 or 3 shots in one!). This was the breaking point for me - whenever I have more than 1-2 drinks, my weight SHOOTS up overnight and stays there for a few days! UGH!

Yesterday, I was so tired and wiped out that I didn't feel like doing much of anything. The hubby and I got food from a little Chicago style pizza place (not the best choice, but it was the only major meal I had yesterday - my body was going through an unexpected IF thing I guess). We were lazy and relaxed all afternoon watching movies.

Needless to say, today I feel like a Heifer. My weight yesterday and today was around 179lbs, which should fall off today or tomorrow - once my body releases this alcohol bloat. I was a little rushed this morning and didn't have a chance to pack any food - so I had to pick up breakfast, but am within my calorie counts for the day (however sodium might be a little high). I know its all water weight as my rings were tight on my fingers this morning, but they're already feeling better (I can slide the rings off with ease now) so hopefully tomorrow it will continue to improve!

I've gotten all my workouts in since the beginning of the month - at my goal of at least 30 mins a day. Did Zumba Saturday & Sunday, ran a mile and did the absolutely crazy Insanity "Fast & Furious" DVD on Friday. Today so far, ran a mile in 10:44 on my first break. Might run another mile on my lunch, but I'll have to see how I'm feeling. I didn't wear my running shoes - so had to run the first mile today in my VANS skater sneakers, which wasn't bad since I took it slowly, but it was still a little jarring on my knees.

I'm looking forward to getting back on track. I might actually go 100% vegan for the next week or so just to get my body moving in the right direction. I am actually thinking about cutting until I hit around 160lbs, which would be about another 12-15 pounds and then working on recomping at maintenance from there. Just a thought, not sure if I'm going to do it for sure.

Anyways, its Monday - and I hate Mondays. I am tired, sleep deprived and having trouble focusing - but that's just the way Mondays go :-D

OH - also, since I'm tired of updating in 2 places - I am going to be combining my workout journal (www.fitnesswithhillary.blogspot.com) into this journal and post any workout thoughts here along with my nutrition stuff. I think that will make my life easier. I've already imported all my posts from the other blog and published them on this one, so life will definitely be simplified as I don't have to worry about updating 2 seperate blogs! Woot for simplicity!!!

Hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment