Tuesday, April 26, 2011

D-Day!! EEK!!!

OY busy day for me today! Got my normal work day, then off to the dentist, then off to Zumba. No time to rest or relax in between. Weight was down to 177lbs this morning (from 178-179ish yesterday)- which is awesome considering I didn't really watch what I ate yesterday (or all week for that matter). Got in a mile run earlier this morning and felt some jarring in my knees, which isn't a good thing. I'm thinking it might be my choice of shoes - which are cross trainers, but they're a few years old. I think they're just not springy enough to support my crappy joints. But either way - I'm taking it easier today and not running anymore today, especially since I have Zumba tonight.

Speaking of Zumba - I had my interview yesterday, and I was SO nervous! Its the first time I've ever had to give a "dance audition" and it terrified me! The woman who owns the studio is really creating a haven for Zumba - the whole place is designed to be AMAZING! I really enjoyed talking to her and she offered me classes right on the spot!! I was astounded! I was really excited! I'll be picking up classes starting the week of May 9th on Monday and Friday evenings - can't wait!! With this new addition, I'll be teaching Zumba 7 days a week!! Wahoo!!!

In other news, my back tattoo is almost 100% healed - major peeling occurred today so hopefully it will be completely done by tomorrow. It will be nice to be able to wear my normal wardrobe again. I'm tired of the low cut, hip hugger pants & inability to wear a normal bra....hopefully I'll be back to my normal clothes soon!!! *fingers crossed!*

Okay - going back to the new dance studio gig - they are having their Grand Opening celebration on the 21st of May - which is 25 days away. During this celebration, all of the instructors get their moment to "shine" and debut their dance in front of 100+ people - meaning I get to dance, by myself, in front of a huge crowd of people just standing there....My first thoughts are "OMFG" and "I'd better not fall or trip over my feet!" but the last thought is "I'd like to not be squishy fat" and "I'd like to not be self consious about the way I look during this". Thus the title - "D-Day" (aka Dancing Day!)

SO - now I have some super motivation to hit my nutrition for the next 4 weeks. I joined a 4 week Bootcamp Challenge on Spark that incorporates cardio & strength training. I already do regular cardio, so that's no biggie - but the strength training will be a nice addition. The contest goes from May 1st through May 28th, but I might start it tomorrow, just to get a few days head start on my "Dancing Debut" body.

At least I won't have to worry about wardrobe - we are going to all wear black pants & custom made tank tops for the studio - which is nice. That way I won't have to worry too much about color coordinating my outfit - but that just leaves me more opportunity to freak out over what I'm going to DO!! I have no idea what song I'll dance to! I have some ideas, but nothing solid yet. GROWL! haha! Put me up in front of a crowd of people who are ALL dancing with me, and I'm good - Put me up in front of 100+ people who are just standing & staring, and I'm PETRIFIED! No Bueno!! Oh well - I did speech & drama in high school....I'll just have to use my own fear techniques to bite this one in the ass.

So here's my plan for the next 4 weeks (starting tomorrow) which will take me from April 27th through May 24th (3 days after D-Day). I am going to NEVER eat more than I burn on my Bugg - no more "I'll make up for it tomorrow" days with preferably a deficit of 500-750 cals a day (but allowing for the occasional cheat meal - but nothing over my burns - so I don't go nuts), sticking with my 5/2 plan of eating Vegan at least 5 days a week (I have to prep food & not eat out as much!), complete the Spark 4 week Bootcamp which consists of at least 30 mins of cardio 5 days a week and at least 10 mins of strength training 7 days a week

This is my plan - and I'm sticking with it! Just the thought of performing in front of so many unknown people is already giving me butterflies! We might get tickets to give to close friends & family, but as long as I have the hubby there I think I'll be okay - though he's never really seen me Zumba before either! haha!

Total Miles Ran in 2011: 17 Miles
Total Calories Burned "Running From My Issues": 2526 Calories GONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment