Friday, April 22, 2011

And the madness ensues...

Alright - I admit it...I'm addicted to running! After yesterdays 3 miles, I was expecting to be sore & not feel so hot, particularly in my joints - especially since I did Zumba last night too (total of over 2,900 cal burn on my Bugg! Woot!). My knees were a little iffy last night, but this morning they felt 100% again. Not only did I sleep better than I have in WEEKS, but I woke up CRAVING running again!! There must be something wrong with me....don't get me wrong, I enjoy exercising, but I sure as hell have never CRAVED it!!!

By the time I got to work, it was tolerable...by the time my first break came around, it was unbearable. I HAD to go run! It was driving me crazy to just sit still at my desk!!! I felt like an addict who needed her next fix! My coworker was laughing at me because I was twitching so badly! haha! I felt like a spaz!

First break - first mile ran in 9:29 - felt amazing! It felt like a release of a huge amount of built up energy! On lunch, was planning on running again - but the treadmills were being used. One of the women was walking at a snail's pace WHILE eating her lunch on the treadmill - that just seemed counter productive to me....plus, the whole eating where I sweat thing is just not a fun thought - granted she wasn't moving nearly fast enough to break a sweat, but it was just funky for me. Anyways, so ended up on the elliptical instead - knocked out my usual intervals and burned 170 cals. Last break - last mile ran in 10:29 - little slower, but just as enjoyable.

Got in a total of 50 fitness minutes today and burned 490 calories - and the work day isn't over yet! Go me! I feel like a bad ass! Granted, nutrition has been crap, but I'm doing what I can to stay within a deficit. Weight is still sitting pretty at 176lbs because my sodium has been insanely high all week. Running has helped sweat some of it out - hopefully I'll continue to improve.

Other than that - today is DRAGGING like crazy at work!! I'm getting to leave an hour earlier, but it is taking FOREVER to get there!!! UGH! I guess that's what happens for those impatient for their weekend to start! I am going to visit a friend this afternoon and then tonight we are going out to celebrate my friend's birthday at an Italian restaurant...I'm going to do what I can to stay in line.

Based on my burn yesterday and what I've burned today so far (at 1422 cals and its only 1145am), I'm guessing I'll have about 1,000 calories to play around with before I eat in a surplus - but unfortunately that can add up real fast when breads, cream sauces & wine is involved! I'm going to do some research so hopefully I can order something relatively healthy *fingers crossed* don't want to destroy everything I have worked on this week!

Anyways, I think that's enough rambling for now - I'm addicted to running, eating as best I can and planning on having a super weekend! Life is good!

AND here's my elliptical workout, just for those that are interested:
Here's my Elliptical Intervals that I completed today:
2 min Warm Up Level 1
1 min Interval Level 5
1 min Recovery Level 1
1 min Interval Level 5
1 min Recovery Level 1
1 min Interval Level 6
1 min Recovery Level 1
1 min Interval Level 6
1 min Recovery Level 1
1 min Interval Level 7
1 min Recovery Level 1
1 min Interval Level 8
1 min Recovery Level 1
1 min Interval Level 9
2 min Cool Down Level 1

Total Time: 20 Mins
Total Calories Burned: 170

----------------------------------------------------

Total Miles Ran in 2011: 15 Miles
Total Calories Burned "Running From My Issues": 2206 Calories GONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment