Monday, April 25, 2011

OY - Monday Again!

Hey all! Happy Monday (well as happy as Monday can be I suppose!). This weekend was a nutritional nightmare! I ate anything I wanted - literally! One of the days I think I was easily over 3,500 cals for food intake - but it was damn yummy! haha! The astounding thing - my weight is only up 2 pounds from where I was at before (was 176lbs on Friday and 178 this morning!). I really think my body is becoming more efficient with how its functioning - which definitely isn't a bad thing! When I eat freely, and am only up 2lbs after, I definitely think I'm learning how to function better to sodium & carb fluctuations.

However - I have observed something interesting over the past few days. Since I updated my Bugg and my Cal intake went up - I've been more freely allowing myself to eat crappy food, simply because it fits into my calorie count. I don't agree with this - this isn't teaching me to create better habits for myself. I'm trying to come up with ideas for making this better & holding myself more accountable and I've decided to start up my nutrition blog again as of May. I did this last year while training for my 5K and it was really effective. I photographed everything I ate and uploaded it to a daily blog. I found that I was held in line because if I was embarassed to post it for the world to see, then I wasn't inclined to eat it. It worked out well! So, as of May 2nd (the first Monday in May) I'll be starting that back up again in a seperate blog, since I don't want to fill this one with food stuffs.

Didn't get any running in this weekend - but got 3 workouts done for my classes on Saturday and was nice & lazy yesterday. Getting back on track today and have already ran 2 miles on the treadmill. Had to take it at a nice easy pace (5.5 MPH) for each of them because my back is still healing - but it felt good to get a few miles done already. Not sure if I'm going to run any more today. I have an interview this afternoon for Zumba classes - so I might wanna rest my legs up today.

I'm getting out of work early today which is awesome. Looking forward to relaxing a little bit. Didn't sleep too well last night so it will be nice to rest up a little bit before having to go out again. Hope you all have a great day!

Total Miles Ran in 2011: 17 Miles
Total Calories Burned "Running From My Issues": 2526 Calories GONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment