Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sodium Evils & Self Discovery Day 3

So yesterday I was totally on point with my calories! The hubby wanted to go out for a date night and we went to Buffalo Wild Wings. I totally kept everything within my calories range - woot! However, I had a crazy amount of sodium (like over 3,500mg! EEK!). So, needless to say the scale popped up to 174lbs this morning - but overall not too bad I'd say.

Zumba class was awesome last night. During one of our jumping moves I felt a "pop" and then pain in my right knee right after, but I didn't lose stability so I kept going. I didn't feel any other pain within my knee for the rest of the night, no bruising has occurred and it feels fine this morning - so it could just have been a fluke. My joints act up sometimes when the weather changes, and it went from 75 degrees and sunny to mid 50s and rainy overnight - so that could have something to do with it for sure! I'm going to take it easy today and see how it fares during class tonight.

So here's Self Discovery Topic Day 3 -

Something You Have to Forgive Yourself For

I have lots of things that I need to forgive myself for, but there's only a few things I truly still feel guilty about even years after its happened. The amount of hell I put my mom through in high school is insane, and I've regretted it ever since. She is the most amazing person and she never deserved to have to go through any of what I put her through when I was younger. I know that its now been almost 10 years since it happened, but that still doesn't mean I feel any better about it. I wasn't exactly the poster child for the perfect high school kid - and I drug my mom through all of it.

Thankfully, our relationship now is amazing and I am grateful every day to have someone like her in my life, but that doesn't mean that I don't feel guilty for being a moronic teenager and making my mom suffer like she did. I just hope that someday I will be able to fully let it go and understand that everyone makes mistakes - mine were just on the epic scale in high school. I'm living an amazing life now and only have the occasional echo of my past life - but I will always regret putting such an amazing person through unnecessary hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment