Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Week 3 Done & Week 4 Begun!

So I did get a running workout done on the 2nd - just didn't have time to post the blog. Was nice & lazy the past 2 days (its SO rare that I get rest days) so I had to make up for W4D1 earlier this morning. Week 3's last workout was really yucky, but I stuck it out and made it through it. It was hot in the garage & I got super tired of the damn podcast I was listening to. Also, the treadmill was facing the wall (with a poster on it) so I got REALLY tired of staring at the same spot on the wall for my 3 min runs. So after my workout I said "f*ck it!" and turned the treadmill around - so now at least its facing into the garage instead of the wall - we just need to be careful and not fall off since now we'll fly into the garage wall! haha!

We are working on getting the office set up as an indoor workout room and eventually will move the treadmill in there. That will be nice since its indoors which will be cooler, I can run whenever I want to and not have to worry about time of day & I can watch movies on the computer in there which will make the longer runs easier.

Ate like hell this weekend and my tummy really hated me - I'm slowly becoming more convinced I have issues digesting fats & that high fat foods totally destroy me. Slept terribly last night and am having to compensate with caffeine today because of it. The running workout (W4D1) really helped me wake up though and I'm happy I got it done! I got cranky with the podcasts I was listening too (the techno was just awful) - so I sat my butt down with my MAC this weekend and made my own playlist with timers for my run this week. It was SOOO much nicer to run to my own music (Breaking Benjamin, Muse, Usher, Pitbull, Rihanna, Blessed By A Broken Heart, Taio Cruz & others) It made the longer runs (5 mins) almost effortless! I really enjoyed it!!!

Anyways, have Zumba tonight & ordered more Zumba gear for the sale that was yesterday! Got 2 new sports bras, 3 tanks, 1 pair of leggings capris, 1 Zumbatomic instructor hat & 8 bracelets for $95 - can't really complain at all! I also found some good sales online & in stores - so I got another pair of Zumba Cargo Capris for only $35 online (with free shipping!) and a really cute Nike workout skirt for $10 at Big 5 - so now I'm anxiously awaiting the delivery of all my new clothes! Woot! The Zumba stuff should be here within 3 days and the cargos should be here by the 11th - so hopefully it won't be too long to wait! I'm so impatient sometimes! haha!

Alrighty - that's enough for me! I'm back on track today and looking forward to making some progress this week & weekend on my nutritional goals! I'm tempted to not allow myself to wear my new Zumbagear until I hit my initial goal of 10lbs lost, but then again I'm just not that patient! I'm already down 5lbs and this order can count as my accomplishment for 10lbs lost (plus I ordered everything in Medium sizes so that's motivation enough to keep up with my weight loss just so everything continues to fit well)

Here's the information from my W3D3 workout followed by my running workout from today, which was W4D1 - ALL of the intervals were run at a sub-10 min mile pace, which means I'm still hitting my goals! Woot! Especially considering it was super hot in the garage & the air conditioning wasn't working correctly so it was really hot in the gym this morning too. I would have pushed the speeds faster - but I didn't want to totally wear myself down today, especially since it was so hot AND I have to teach Zumba tonight. Now that the runs are getting longer, its harder to maintain my speeds, but I'm determined to do it!! Wahoo!

W3D3 Workout:
Warm Up
Run for 90 Seconds at 6.5 MPH
Recover for 90 Seconds at 3.5 MPH
Run for 3 Minutes at 6.5 MPH
Recover for 3 Minutes at 3.5
Run for 90 Seconds at 6.5 MPH
Recover for 90 Seconds at 3.5 MPH
Run for 3 Minutes at 6.5 MPH
Cool Down

Total Distance Traveled: 2.06 miles
Total Workout Time: 30 Mins
Total Calorie Burn: 250 Calories

W4D1 Workout:
Warm Up
Run for 3 Minutes at 6.5 MPH
Recover for 90 Seconds at 3.5 MPH
Run for 5 Minutes at 6.5 MPH
Recover for 2 Minutes at 3.5 MPH
Run for 3 Minutes at 6.5 MPH
Recover for 90 Seconds at 3.5 MPH
Run for 5 Minutes at 6.5 MPH
Cool Down

Total Distance Traveled: 2.25 miles
Total Workout Time: 27 minutes
Total Calorie Burn: 300 Calories

Total Miles Ran in 2011: 54.89 Miles
Total Calories Burned "Running From My Issues": 7,942 Calories GONE

No comments:

Post a Comment