Friday, July 8, 2011

Okay...I feel better now...

So yesterday was a crazy day for me. I had a good talk with the hubby and it seems like he's in the same place I am - we are both ready to move on to the next phase in our lives. We are ready to take that next jump into the people we are destined to be, we just have to be patient for a few more months and we'll be there. He got a great opportunity at his job yesterday and I had another potential personal training client express interest in starting training (which would be another $250-ish a month!) - if that works out then that's awesome! That definitely helped me feel better!

Last night, the hubby and I surprised the kiddo with tickets to a local minor league baseball game (for any of you Simpson's fans - our team is called the Albuquerque Isotopes!) We had a ton of fun and I even indulged and got a giant frozen yogurt in a waffle cone! I stayed within my calorie burns and weight is up to only 178lbs this morning which is definitely not too bad. Sleep was definitely minimal last night, but it was really worth it! We had a lot of fun!

This morning was tough waking up for and I felt super lazy when I got up. Thank goodness its Friday! However, I did plan ahead and wore running friendly clothes to work! On another note - to just add to the awesomeness of my Friday - I got a killer Groupon coupon this morning (two Fandango movie tickets for $4!) so this means that we can totally go out to an awesome movie soon for a great price! *does happy dance* Considering how pricey movies are these days - I was totally stoked about saving some money on our next date night out (especially with Harry Potter, Captian America & tons of other movies coming out soon!) My new Zumba gear is "out for delivery" so I'm hoping I have it before going to my class tonight! Woot! Totally excited about it!!

Okay - back to fitness stuff - I decided to say "screw it" and run today if I wanted to. I can't afford to exhaust myself - but running gives me a sense of peace that is impossible to find anywhere else. I have come to the conclusion that I will listen to my body - if it wants to run, then I'll let it run - if it needs to rest, then I'll let it rest. I've been consistently working out long enough to know when I need to rest & when I can work out. I'm going to stick with my running program for 10K training on my scheduled days - but on "off" days if I want to run a quick mile, I'm not going to stop myself! :-P

I went running on my first break today and decided to run a full mile at the current pace I've been doing for my workouts - which is 6.5 MPH. Time-wise its longer than the intervals I've been running (which for week 4 is 5 mins) - but it was really nice to just relax & run. I'm working really hard to make my "comfy running pace" 6.5 MPH and little by little its becoming more comfortable. Just for comparison - last year my comfy running pace was around 5.5 MPH, so I'm currently working on shaving 2 minutes off my mile time - consistently! When its phrased that way, it definitely seems like a bigger accomplishment. When I'm able to really ease into it and just enjoy the running process 6.5 is definitely a good pace for me right now. I can only imagine what it will feel like when I'm down another 10lbs - I bet that will feel super awesome!

The air conditioning was *finally* working in the gym - so that was really nice! The first quarter mile was a little tough today, and I actually contemplated only running 1/2 mile on my break and walking the rest. It definitely took me a while to ease into running today - the water bloat from the past few days really didn't help either. But after I relaxed into the run and got going the rest of the mile came really easily. With running the full mile today, I learned that I'm currently running at a 9:15/mile pace! Definitely not bad!! I am really happy with my progress! If I can maintain that pace for a full 5K - I'll run it in 28 mins!!! This makes me SUPER happy and even more motivated to keep pushing hard!! I am well on my way to reaching one of my goals!!!

I'm not sure if I'll run again today - its amazing how satisfying just a quick mile can be. If I run again, I'll be sure to update. I might Zumba on lunch too - not sure....Little by little things are getting better. Hopefully they'll continue to improve, and when it doesn't, hopefully I'll have my running shoes :-D

Total Miles Ran in 2011: 58.5 Miles
Total Calories Burned "Running From My Issues": 8,447 Calories GONE

No comments:

Post a Comment