Monday, March 28, 2011

Operation Bikini - T-Minus 4 days!

So for the past few weeks - since the Vegan Adventures ended, I have just been focusing in reintegrating food into my diet and maintaining my weight. Due to excess sodium, I've kept my weight around 175-177lbs over the past few weeks and been *REALLY* lax on my nutrition. I've indulged in DQ Blizzards, pizza, chicken wings, pasta, enchiladas - whatever sounded good at the time - and I'm STILL not gaining right now! I'm happy that my body is able to maintain even when I indulge! Granted, if I kept this up for longer than a few weeks, lord knows I'd probably be gaining like crazy!

BUT now that I've satisfied any cravings from my Vegan month - I'm ready to get back on a losing streak! A fellow SparkFriend BMORGANSON & I have come up with Operation Bikini that will go from April 1st through April 30th and I can't wait to get started!!! Some of the details might change here and there, but here's the basic concept:

~Minimum of 30 fitness minutes of exercise EVERY day
~Minimum of 2 strength training sessions each week.
~Eat within 1400-1600 calories each day. (this is an average over the week so we can allow for 'splurge' occasions.)

Weigh ins, measurements & pictures will happen on April 1st, April 15th and April 30th to help us track our progress! I will personally be focusing on incorporating more strength training into my Zumba routines & getting my nutrition back in line. Its a lot harder to hit calorie counts with the excess fat that's in meat & cheese. I might take on an 80% vegan diet during April just to make things easier overall.

April is THE month for birthdays in my family - so I already have plans for birthday celebrations throughout the month....it will be nice to have this motivation to stay on track as much as possible! Even if we aren't perfect every day, I'm sure we're going to see amazing results throughout the month!!!

I hope everyone else has had a fabulous week! Keep up the great work and I'm looking forward to starting Operation Bikini on Friday! Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment