Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Running Adventures....

So in the past few days, I've broken out my running shoes again and hopped on the treadmill. I've ran 3 miles in around 11:20 each and feel SO much better about the way things have been going. Tonight is Zumba, so more calories burned there (woot!) - might debut some new songs I've been working on as well....we'll see how it goes.

Anyways, here's the information for my runs today:

Total Mileage: around 2.25 miles (with cool down walks)
Total Calories Burned: 345
Total Running Time: 22 minutes (with around 5 mins of cool down walks for both runs)
Overall feeling: Fantabulous

Based on how I've felt since I strapped on my running shoes again - I now know that running is something that is part of my life now. Even if its only a quick run on a break at work - this is something that I can't leave out of my life. Running is my therapy.

The hubby and I are getting take out from one of our favorite local Delis for dinner - should be awesome! I must admit that sandwiches were one of the things I missed the most when I was Vegan!!!

I am planning a new challenge with a SparkFriend for the month of April to help get myself into even better shape and I'm looking forward to it for sure. Its always nice to have someone else to keep you accountable during these challenges.

I'm hoping to get myself back down to the weight I was when I ended the Vegan Investigation - so around 172lbs, by the time this starts. Weigh in and Measurements will happen on April 1st and every 2 weeks after that. I'm excited - it should be an awesome challenge!

Anyways, I'm going to keep running and hopefully I will continue to get back on track over the next few days. I weighed in at 174lbs this morning - so I have a little over a week to drop 2 pounds of water weight - I think this is entirely possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment