Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Vegan Day 23 - Woot!

Hi! Its me again!
Photobucket

So today was another good day! Though overall I feel great, I'm still worried that I might be fighting a mild cold - appetite has still been low for the past 2 days and I'm sleeping like a rock - which is what usually happens when I am fighting yuckies. Since I am working on controlling my long standing eating issues (binging, etc), I will not force myself to eat if my body isn't telling me its hungry. My energy levels were kinda crappy this afternoon - just felt squishy and slow moving (like one does when they're just not feeling 100%), but the energy picked back up during my Zumba class tonight and I got in a fabulous calorie burn! I feel much better after working out - like a decent sweat got all the yucky crap out of my system. Hopefully it keeps up!

There was the sweetest woman at class today who asked me about how much weight have I lost and she says it looks like I've dropped around 15 pounds! Holy cow! I guess I hadn't realized that my weight loss had been that visible so far (or that I visually had that much to lose!). It really meant a lot to me that someone else has noticed my progress so far! Now I am more excited than ever for the final weigh in!

Earlier this afternoon, I attempted to make my own version of curry vegetables & rice noodles - needless to say, it just wasn't that successful. I didn't have any coconut milk, so I subbed almond milk instead - and it started off okay, but just didn't have a whole lot of flavor to it, so then I mixed some Sriracha in it, and that just made it taste worse. It just didn't cut it - next time I want curry, I'm getting take out! haha!

It didn't look too bad, but taste wise it just didn't cut it! boo!
Photobucket

In other news - I'm still waiting to hear back from the woman in Placitas about teaching the classes out there, but I might have picked up a new client for personal training today (woot!). The hubby and I reviewed our taxes (which previously had us owning around $1000 this year between the feds & state) and we missed something! So after fixing it, we ended up getting $60 back from the feds and only owe $500 to the state! I am totally down to save $500!!! Yippee! Oh, and I also made an extra car payment last month with some extra money, so I have an extra $340 this paycheck too - so extra moneys are always a good thing!!

Okay, I think that's it for me - 5 more days of being a Vegan! I still can't believe how fast this year has gone! OH - and hopefully I will have my new Zumba weighted shakers by Thursday so I can use them in my class *fingers crossed that FedEx doesn't mess things up!*

Have a good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment