Sunday, March 6, 2011

Vegan Days 20 and 21!

Okay, so its been a busy but awesome few days! Yesterday, we went out to dinner with some friends at one of our favorite local Italian restaurants. Its a small Mom & Pop place and the owner was amazing about reviewing the whole menu with me and telling me what was vegan friendly and what wasn't. Their homemade bread was vegan friendly so I totally munched on that with their tomato bruschetta! For dinner I had bowtie pasta with their homemade tomato sauce and some rainbow sorbet for dessert. I also indulged and had a glass of wine, which was definitely nice. I'm not much of a drinker - but occasionally its nice to have a glass with dinner.

With my workouts, I don't think I went over my calorie count for the day - especially since I had two workouts yesterday - but I honestly didn't keep track of everything I ate yesterday (its hard to track homemade Italian food).

Today, the hubby and I went out with my mommy around town and got some shopping done. With all the walking around that we did, I am at almost 6000 steps for the day and at over 2,000 calories burned according to my digital display - so I'm happy! Though I indulged and had a Boba Tea mixed fruit drink (dairy free without boba) and I found a dairy free Dole Pineapple soft serve frozen treat (that was cholesterol free too - which means no animal products at all!) - I didn't go over my calories today! I've been drinking a ton of fluids and still around 1400 calories for the day! Go me!

Weight has been up a few pounds (today it hovered around 178 just due to some excess water weight from this weekend) - so I figure I'm going to just wait and have my final weigh in results next weekend (since next Sunday is my last day of the Vegan investigation!) This next week I am going to stay on track, get my water weight off and hopefully have some good progress!

Anyways, I hope that everyone had a great weekend! I have only a 4 1/2 day work week this week - so I'm hoping it goes quickly! Somehow, I am expecting it to really drag - but I'm hoping that the Gods are kind to me and make the work week as easy as possible for me!

So now that the updates are done for the past two days - I am off to watch Indiana Jones with the hubby (they're on USA tonight) and relax before I go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment