Wednesday, June 29, 2011

W3D1 - So Nice, I did it TWICE!!!

Alrighty peeps - so here's my workout blog for today! I ended up with an unexpected 15 mins earlier today, so I added a break onto it and got my run completed early!!! THEN, my running buddy at work still wanted to run on lunch - so I ran the same workout again (but a little faster!). I am super stoked! I feel awesome!!! It was definitely a good day!!! Tonight is date night with the hubby (since I don't have a class) and we might go see a movie! Totally looking forward to it!!!

So here's the information for both my workouts today:

Workout One:
Warm Up
Run for 90 Seconds at 6.5 MPH
Recover for 90 Seconds at 3.5 MPH
Run for 3 Minutes at 6.5 MPH
Recover for 3 Minutes at 3.5
Run for 90 Seconds at 6.8 MPH
Recover for 90 Seconds at 3.5 MPH
Run for 3 Minutes at 6.8 MPH
Cool Down

Total Workout Time: 24 Mins
Total Distance Traveled: 1.63 miles
Total Calorie Burn: 230 Calories

Workout Two (I had a little more time for warm up/cool down on this workout - thus the workout time difference)
Warm Up
Run for 90 Seconds at 6.5 MPH
Recover for 90 Seconds at 3.5 MPH
Run for 3 Minutes at 6.5 MPH
Recover for 3 Minutes at 3.5
Run for 90 Seconds at 6.8 MPH
Recover for 90 Seconds at 3.5 MPH
Run for 3 Minutes at 7.0 MPH
Cool Down

Total Workout Time: 28 Mins
Total Distance Traveled: 1.89 miles
Total Calorie Burn: 245 Calories

After two running workouts, I've determined I really don't like running in my Zigs. They are a little heavier than my ASICS, so I felt like I was "thumping" my way along my workout and I didn't feel as "light" as I usually do. Its not bad, but they aren't my ASICS - which I'll be sticking with from now on!! I am still interested in trying on the Reebok ReeFlex shoes, but for now, I'm sticking with the shoes I already have!

In other news - My horoscope today totally hit home for me and I felt the need to post it here. In a sense, today is a brand new beginning day, but I've had many of these over the year so far - so this reminded me that THIS one has to be different from all the others!

Leo: June is almost over. Can you believe it, Leo? Time really flies. And what a shame because you never got around to doing what you intended to do, did you? Oh, well - there's always July. But July only has 31 days, and they will surely fly by too. But don't panic... August is after that. The point is that you might very well procrastinate away a very good opportunity if you don't take action soon. Don't put off a goal any longer. Once you get started you will gain momentum quickly, and the rewards will be fabulous.

Total Miles Ran in 2011: 50.58 Miles
Total Calories Burned "Running From My Issues": 7,392 Calories GONE

No comments:

Post a Comment