Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy Thursday - Money Talk!!

Hey everyone! I hope you're having a great Thursday! I am having a good day so far - and definitely looking forward to the holiday weekend!!

I know this is usually updated with fitness & nutrition stuff, but I am also a very firm believer in financial security & stability as well. I have always been meticulous with money, and I have the good credit to prove it. When my hubby and I got together, I had to help him get a grasp on his finances and now he and I have worked together over the past years to really set ourselves up for the kind of life that we really want to live! We have a house, 2 cars, a motorcycle, fully stocked home gym, lots of electronic toys and a very comfortable lifestyle - all of which we've worked super hard for - so we've earned it!

So now back to my recent story and why I'm super excited today, after a few weeks of hard work and buckling down on finances a little bit, I am proud to say that one of our credit cards will be totally paid off tomorrow (this was my treadmill/elliptical purchase last year - $820 remaining!) and another bill totalling around $1300 will be gone by the end of August! Woot!

This would mean that starting in September, the hubby and I will only have my car payment (his car is already paid off), the motorcycle payment, my credit card & his credit card left (other than mortgage & house bills of course!) When I start Zumbatomic in September, that means ALL that money can be thrown towards my credit card - which I'm embarassed to say has around $9,000 (mostly wedding expenses so it was worth it). Most, if not all of it will be gone with the extra money I'm making starting this fall!! I am super stoked about this!!

The hubby and I are shooting to be completely debt free (with the exception of the mortgage - but that doesn't count) by the beginning of next summer! At this rate, I totally think we can do this!! I am super excited!! It seems like there's finally a light at the end of the tunnel! We aren't just struggling to get by, we are working hard for the inevitable "greater good" of living debt free - and after a few years of working our asses off, that future is starting to seem more real!

In other news, tonight is Zumba - which is always an awesome experience!! I love it!! There's rumors we'll be getting out early from work for the holiday tomorrow - which would be super awesome & fabulous! I'll be updating through the weekend with my running workouts and stuff and I'm looking forward to a weigh in tomorrow morning or Saturday (it will probably be Saturday because I have to go into work earlier than usual tomorrow morning). I'm looking forward to making progress towards my first $100 Zumbawear goal (which I have budgeted into the next few months! haha!) I'm already down about 3lbs and can't wait to see if I can make some more progress by staying in line over the next few days! I'm keeping today as a low sodium day and hoping for a WOOSH overnight! haha!

Hope you all have a stellar Thursday and a great Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment