Wednesday, June 22, 2011

W2W1 DONE plus some extra just for fun!!!

So today has been AHHH-SOME so far!!! Yesterday, I had a great day too! Zumba was killer, we have a new plan at Baila! for July (classes are now on Fridays instead of Mondays) and I'm super stoked for what the next few weeks will bring!

People keep asking me what I want for my birthday since its about 6 weeks away - and I honestly can't think of anything that I really *need* this year. There's plenty of stuff that I *want* but nothing that I really *need* - which I definitely see as a difference. I really wish Zumba.com did gift certificates - that would make life super easy. I can never seem to have enough Zumba gear for my classes. I'm trying to think of practical things that would be great to have - I'm currenty pondering some continuing education classes, stuff to help my running, random stuff like that. Who knows - I'll come up with something in the next few weeks!

Okay - so back to today! Its a running day - which automatically makes it a fabulous day! I was SUPER antsy this morning and didn't want to wait to run on the treadmill (which was scheduled for lunch later in the day) - so I went and ran a mile in 9:54 on my first break and burned an unexpected extra 160 calories today! DAMN it felt good!!! It was a push because I haven't ran that time in a few weeks, but it felt awesome!!!

Then on my lunch break, I just finished Week 2 Workout 1 - which was another awesome running session!! I also added incline to the 2nd half of the workout again which really raised the intensity of it!! I hit my goals AGAIN - Every one of my runs today (including my surprise run earlier) was at a sub-10 min mile pace!!! Wahoo!!!

W2D1 Workout:
Warm Up
Run for 90 Seconds at 6.2 MPH
Recover for 2 minutes at 3.5 MPH
Run for 90 Seconds at 6.5 MPH
Recover for 2 minutes at 3.5 MPH
Run for 90 Seconds at 6.8 MPH
Recover for 2 minutes at 3.5 MPH
Run for 90 Seconds at 7 MPH
Recover for 2 minutes at 3.5 MPH
Run for 90 Seconds at 7 MPH
Recover for 2 minutes at 3.5 MPH
Run for 90 Seconds at 7.5 MPH
Cool Down

Total Distance Traveled: 1.90 Miles
Total Workout Time: 30 Minutes
Total Calories Burned: 260 Calories

I'm keeping nutrition light for today and we are going out to dinner with my mommy tonight! I am super excited to see her! Its going to be awesome! I'm not going to stress too much about what I'm eating - but I'm going to try to keep nutrition in line. I'm finally starting to see some progress again (scale was a nice 178lbs again this morning) and I'm not really wanting to have any more setbacks right now. Hopefully it goes well!

Total Miles Ran in 2011: 43.53 Miles
Total Calories Burned "Running From My Issues": 6,451 Calories GONE

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for W2D1 Workout! This may just be what I have been looking for to jazz up my weekly workout schedule, bit on the boring side right now. Have you tried meditation? Learning meditation has helped focus and revive me, including motivate me to try new workouts in my own battle of the bulge. Just a thought. http://bit.ly/S1eYy

    ReplyDelete