Monday, August 29, 2011

Whirlwind Weekend!

OY it was a super busy weekend! I feel like I need another weekend just to recover from this one!

Friday night, the hubby and I went out with our friend Adam and we had Sushi for dinner! It was my first splurge since starting the nutrition changes and it was a fabulous night. It had been a rough day at work - so I had myself a nice Kirin beer (the big one! haha!) and the 3 of us ate yummy sushi. Since it was fish and all pretty lean - my tummy did well on it! Slightly bloated but overall not bad!

Saturday I had Zumba class in the morning - which ended up being the only workout I had all weekend! It was super fun as always - but they're having issues with their A/C so it was really warm in there.

After that, I picked up food, met the hubby for lunch at the house, trained my client and hung out with her that afternoon, then changed into my clothes and headed to my friend's bachelorette party. This party was thrown by one of her friends and it was one of the most awkward and uncomfortable parties I'd ever been to. I really didn't have that great of a time. Also - the damn host knew I was vegan/vegetarian and still selected a restaurant where the entire menu was steaks & burgers....needless to say, I had to eat something and I wasn't exactly thrilled with her. I ate a tortilla burger with cheese and some fries

While we were at the party, the hubby and another friend decided to take their bikes out. A few hours into the party, I got a text from my hubby that just said "call me when you can" - oh boy....not good...

The hubby and our friend were driving up the backside of the mountain and the hubby had been in an accident. Needless to say, I was freaking out and we ended up leaving the party (which was fine because we weren't having a good time anyways) and I raced back home. After dropping of some friends I'd carpooled with, I finally made it home. He was okay - a little scratched up & road rashed, but overall okay. The bike is a little banged up, but considering it could have been much worse. I was totally freaking out and it just hasn't been a good motorcycle month for our family.

So, after not sleeping very well on Saturday night - I woke up on Sunday morning, showered and headed out. I was throwing my friend a surprise bridal shower so I had a bunch of errands to run before the party. I picked up my friend, Andi, and we went to Mimi's Cafe for breakfast/lunch. We were in a hurry and their vegetarian selections weren't going to be very filling - so I (again) ended up getting a burger - this time with bleu cheese. It was yummy and not too overwhelming to my tummy since I didn't eat the fries, but instead had a cup of soup. We also got muffins to go since they looked good but didn't get a chance to eat them all day. After running ourselves ragged to get everything ready for the party, we had everything set up and shared a bottle of wine before everyone came over.

We had picked up snacks for everyone to eat that consisted of mini-cupcakes, veggies, meat/cheese tray, chips & dip. I snacked over the afternoon but didn't really eat anything substantial during the afternoon. The bride was really surprised and I think she had a great time at her bridal shower.

After helping her clean up, we headed out and I dropped off my friends who had helped me get ready. It was about 500pm when I got home and I just wasn't in the mood to eat a whole lot (my head was totally pounding). So I took some ibuprofen, ate my muffin from earlier that day and went to bed early. I woke up an hour later and wasn't able to get back to sleep until after 8pm.

So - after going to bed super late, my 5am shifts started this morning. I've already had a Sugar Free RedBull and a Diet Mt Dew. Now I've shifted to water and am doing okay. I only have 2.5 hours left of my work day - so at least the day is going quickly. I am so wiped though that I don't think I'll be exercising at all today. I don't want to push it. It was an exhausting weekend both mentally and physically and right now I think my body just wants to recover. I was going to try to run at work today, but I have minimal energy and have just been reading instead - and I'm okay with this. I knew my schedule change would totally freak out my body, so now I'm just focusing on getting my schedule adapted without freaking my nutrition out (easier said than done! I promise!)

This morning my weight was hanging around 180lbs again - but not too bad considering my eating options for the weekend. I've been vegan today and am going to prep food tonight so I can start packing my lunches again. I was so swamped this weekend that I didn't have time to prep food - but my amazing hubby picked me up veg-friendly food last night on his way home so I had something to eat for lunch today! Woot!

I think that's about it - that's my crazy weekend in a nutshell. I'm looking forward to resting this afternoon before a client comes over. Should be a good afternoon! Getting out of work at 130 will be really nice! It will be good when I adapt to the schedule and don't have to nap in the afternoons though! haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment