Monday, August 15, 2011

Running Helps Me Feel Better....

So this evening, the in-laws invited us to dinner and we had a blast! I kept my eating in line and had salad with sunflower seeds, black olives, artichoke hearts and Italian dressing, roasted seasoned corn and "sesame glazed carrots". For dessert I had sherbet and cotton candy - which was super yummy! Even though it was eating out, I still feel better than when I ate out last week. I had to explain to my MIL why I'm doing the "silly vegan thing again" and she now understands the reasoning behind it. I married into a family of carnivores, so I know they think its interesting but at least they're supportive!

When we got home, I hopped on the treadmill for a nice run while we watched Criminal Minds. I was initially aiming for at least a 3 mile consecutive run - but once I started running today my tummy felt a little wonky (leftover yuckiness from this weekend) so I decided to do some intervals instead and it was awesome. Hopefully I'll be back to running my normal distances by the end of the week when I start regaining my energy levels.

Warm Up - 0.25 miles at 3 MPH
Run for 1 mile at 5 MPH
Walk for 0.25 miles at 3 MPH
Run for 0.75 miles at 5 MPH
Walk for 0.25 miles at 3 MPH
Run for 0.50 miles at 5 MPH
Walk for 0.25 miles at 3 MPH
Run for 0.25 miles at 5 MPH
Cool down for 0.25 miles at 3 MPH

Total Distance Traveled: 3.75 miles
Total Calories Burned: 515
Total Distance Ran: 2.5 MPH
Total Workout Time: 56 Minutes

It felt good to get running again. Hopefully I'll be able to get fully back into it over the course of this week! Woot! I'm hoping my new Bugg will be delivered sometime soon and I've ordered everything else I was needing. I ordered my speakers for Zumba class and should have those later this week or early next week. Hopefully I'll be able to get my Garmin soon and then I'll have all my fun new fitness equipment! I'll be ordering some new ZumbaWear soon as well - I really want a pair of cargos, but considering how quickly I dropped weight last time I went Vegan I don't want to order new pants now for $60 a pair if they won't fit in 6 weeks! I think I'll wait a little bit to place that order (or I'll just order them in a smaller size and grow into them) - not sure yet!

Total Miles Ran in 2011: 109.96 Miles
Total Calories Burned "Running From My Issues": 16,299 Calories GONE

No comments:

Post a Comment