Friday, August 5, 2011

Zumba, Miles & Diabetes

So weight is dropping down nicely - got rid of 3lbs of water weight this morning and am hoping for another drop tonight! Zumba last night went great - it felt fabulous to get moving again and after class, one of my students told me that her diabetes is GONE and her doctors are thrilled! She is doing such a great job!!! I'm way proud of her!!!

Prepped a bunch of rice & pasta last night so I'll be eating that for the next few days. I got new running shoes yesterday and since I had a gift card, they were only $17!! Woot! I am really looking forward to getting a good run in with them for sure (though it probably won't happen until Sunday)! Tonight, I have a Master Class at Baila from 6-8 that should be super fun and tomorrow after my Curves class I have some instructor trainings which should be great too - so lots of Zumba is planned for this weekend! The woman leading the class tonight and the workshop tomorrow is the same lady from the Zumbathon a few months ago - so I already am familiar with her style and I love how she teaches, so I'm excited to learn from her!

In other news - I am trying to cut back on my dependency for caffeine & diet sodas - so I had only about 1/3 of what I usually drink this morning. The result so far - I'm wiped out, the day is dragging and need a nap! haha! This might not be the easiest process, but its definitely cheaper to make tea at home than it is to buy sodas so I think I'll stick with it! I only got a slight headache (and I think that's because I've been so sleepy all week more than the soda thing) so I popped some ibuprofen and will hopefully feel better soon!

I got a mile ran on my lunch today and walked for another quarter mile after it (I was wearing my old shoes and didn't want to push it too much) and it felt good. I'm slowly getting back to my non-squishy self and it feels nice. Hopefully I'll continue to make some progress and get all this water weight off and then make some weight loss before my weigh in next Saturday! Woot!

I think that's about it - I've been keeping my food mostly vegan/vegetarian and am feeling really really good right now. Other than the lack of caffeine I've had a good amount of energy and am really going to stick with this eating plan as much as possible over the next few weeks! That's about it for me, hope all is well with everyone and I'll update within the next few days once I get a running workout in!

Total Miles Ran in 2011: 98.71 Miles
Total Calories Burned "Running From My Issues": 14,434 Calories GONE

No comments:

Post a Comment