Monday, August 8, 2011

Nice Run and Crappy BodyBugg

So I had planned to get a nice long run in this afternoon after Tom and I ate dinner - I changed the battery in my BodyBugg and all of a sudden started to act up. It wouldn't sync right with the digital display and I was having issues getting it to stay synched. I reset the digital display, reconfigured the armband and was still having issues. My program said that I'd burned 1700+ cals today and the digital display said I'd only burned 1200!! Growl!! I am not a happy camper right now! I'm going to let it sit and try using it again tomorrow. I'm worried that I'll have to buy another one if this one has stopped working - so sad!

After playing around with the damn bugg for over an hour I got fed up with it and just grabbed my extra Polar HRM instead. Not exactly what I wanted to do, but it was better than nothing. Anyways - so after all of that, I hopped on the treadmill and decided to just go for as long as I could. After a 5 min warm up walk, I started running and the new shoes felt good! I'm happy with them!

Running Workout:
Warm Up - 5 mins (0.25 miles)
Run for 47 minutes (first quarter mile at 5.5 MPH, everything else at 5.0 MPH) for total distance of 4 miles
Cool Down for 8 minutes at easy walking pace

Total Distance Traveled: 4.61 miles
Total Calories Burned: 550 calories burned according to HRM
Total Workout Time: 63 minutes

Hopefully my bugg will be working okay tomorrow - if not, I'll be ordering another one on Apex. Its too valuable of a tool (and I already paid for a full year) so I don't want to waste it! Hopefully I'll get a good deal on it! *fingers crossed*

I think now that I've ran 4 miles in two workouts now, I'll be starting up the full 10K training program pretty soon. I've been able to sustain the runs pretty well so I'm looking forward to the new program for sure! That's it for now - hubby and I are watching "Eureka" Woot! Time to snuggle :-D

Total Miles Ran in 2011: 103.71 Miles
Total Calories Burned "Running From My Issues": 15,134 Calories GONE

No comments:

Post a Comment