Friday, August 12, 2011

OH Happy Friday Indeed!!

Today has been a fabulous day! Yesterday was totally yucky but today completely made up for it. I got into work this morning only to have my bosses give us the option of taking 6 hours of vacation time today since we've been doing such a good job! So I only had to work for a whopping 2 hours today! Yippee!!

Today also was payday - and the way that I've been budgeting my money I got another credit card paid off IN FULL today!! That makes a total of almost $2140 in debt that I've paid off in the past 6 weeks by budgeting and taking care of my money (as well as maintaining every other bill we have) I am SO proud of myself! Little by little, things are getting paid off. Now we only have 1 credit card each (mine has about $9,000 on it and Tom's has about $4,000ish), the motorcycle is about $4,000 left and my car is down to $10,000 left. Its my goal to have all of this paid off by Spring Break-ish this year, so March or April-ish. With me starting the after school program soon, I definitely think this is possible!

On top of paying off all that - I got my semi-annual bonus from work today!! It was based on our performance as employees and an extra $800!! OMG YAY!! So since I've paid off so much, I decided to use part of my bonus to treat myself to things that I have wanted, but couldn't justify the cost. Today I ordered myself a new Bodybugg and I'm super excited to get it. I got it for $139 - so it was a killer deal.

Also, I have some gift cards coming in the mail and I will be treating myself to a Garmin Forerunner watch that will allow me to GPS track my outdoor runs, bike rides and treadmill runs (if I get a "foot pod" accessory, which is about $60 so I probably will). I'm also going to be stocking up on stuff for Zumba classes in the next few days. I'll be picking up another pair of shoes for class and a portable speaker system to play music for my Zumbatomic classes (which will cost me about $200 for the speaker and $50 for the shoes) Might take the opportunity to pick up some new ZumbaWear too - not quite sure though.

The extra money left over from the bonus check will be put towards an anniversary trip for the hubby and I this October. We are getting ready to celebrate our two year wedding anniversary and we will be getting out of town for a few days to spend some time together. He and I have been through some tough times over the years and the past few weeks our marriage has only been growing stronger. SO I am totally looking forward to spending time alone on a vacation with him!! Not sure where we'll be escaping to yet - but it will definitely be a much deserved vacation for us both!

So now back to today - I got to leave work early at 8am which was awesome. Due to rush hour traffic, I killed some time at Target this morning until driving home. I picked up Vampire Diaries Season One for $19.99 - total impulse buy, but it was on sale and something I've been meaning to watch anyways. It was recommended by a friend and is quickly becoming a new guilty pleasure (I'm on episode 6 already!) After that I stopped at Sunflower Market and picked up some fabulous produce (dark red cherries, purple grapes and asparagus were all on sale!), sparkling water to mix with my Mios, some Asian tofu Noodles that are only 20 calories a serving, some Vegan Protein Powder samples and a fabulous chocolate peanut butter ice cream that is only 150 calories A PINT!!! The ENTIRE pint is 150 calories! EEP!!! So excited for yummy healthy lower calorie treats!!

Anyways, once I got home I started watching Vampire Diaries and its super fun. During the last episode, I got a run done which was great - I haven't ran since Monday and it definitely felt good to get some energy out. I found a fabulous half marathon training program in Runner's World Magazine that begins with the training load that I'm already used to - so it will be fabulous to start implementing it. Today was Week One Workout Two and just a 3 mile easy run - got it done in 34:47 which was super fun!

Warm Up - 0.25 mile walk
Run 3 miles at easy pace (first mile at 5.5 MPH then ran at 5.0 MPH except for last quarter mile at 5.5 again)
Cool Down - 0.25 mile walk

Total Distance Traveled: 3.5 miles
Total Calories Burned: 500
Total Workout Time: 45 minutes

Definitely a good workout! I loved it! I think this will be a great program for me for sure!! Can't wait to see how the remaining workouts go! Can't wait for all my new fitness gadgets to arrive and can't wait to see what the next few weeks bring. I've got some nutrition decisions that need to be made in the next few weeks and hopefully I'll be able to come up with something that will work for me in the long term. Weight was chillin' at 179 this morning, which isn't bad considering all the emergencies of the past few days, but most of this omnivore food has been really wrecking my tummy so some changes need to be made for sure

In the meantime - I'm going to enjoy my afternoon, watch my new favorite guilty pleasure show Vampire Diaries, shop around for fun stuff on the internet (I might buy some different colored armbands for my new Bugg), eat low calorie ice cream and then have a date night with the hubby tonight. I think life is definitely pretty grand right now! All my hard work is starting to pay off and its starting to feel like my hubby and I can truly breathe a little easier the more closer to debt free we become.

Total Miles Ran in 2011: 107.71 Miles
Total Calories Burned "Running From My Issues": 15,784 Calories GONE

No comments:

Post a Comment