Thursday, February 17, 2011

Going Vegan - Day 3!

So Day 3 was awesome, but interesting. I am the kind of person that needs a larger breakfast within the first few hours of waking up but then will eat lighter over the rest of the day. Yesterday however, I wasn't hungry in the morning and I ended up eating most of my food around my lunch time (which was around 9-10am for all you "normal" hour human beings!). The other funky thing was I ate my lunch food for breakfast and my breakfast food for lunch - that's just what sounded good at the time. Hmm....definitely odd, not bad, just odd from my normal eating patterns :-)

I am debating about whether tomorrow or Saturday should be my weigh in day. As of tomorrow, I'll have only done Vegan for 5 days and I don't know if that will be an effective time to track any positive changes. I sneaked a peak at the scale this morning because I was feeling less squishy than I have been and I've dropped all the water weight from my sushi indulgence this past weekend (which was about 5 pounds!) so that's definitely awesome.

I guess I'll have to see about the weigh in - Saturday might be better because then I'll have time to take progress photos. Trying to do all that before work on a Friday morning at 330am might be too rough.

Anyways - back to the blog - day 3 was awesome! I have a crazy amount of energy during most of the days and I've been averaging burns over 2000 cals a day on my BodyBugg (sometimes more on days when I have Zumba classes to teach). By tracking my food intake, I'm eating between 1300-1400 calories a day and not feeling deprived at all. So needless to say I'm maintaining a decent deficit without depriving myself of the energy I need to get through my classes. I've cut on 1400 cals in the past before (while training for my 5K) and it worked really well, so I'm happy to see that this number is working well again.

Also, word is still getting around that I went Vegan, so the reactions from people have been totally classic. Its nice to see the surprise from others that morphs into support when I explain why I am doing this.

Day 4 is going well so far. We are having a food celebration at work today and I'm trying to decide what to do about it. The menu isn't exactly vegan friendly - so I'm trying to figure out if I should just go for the vegetarian lasagna & pick off the cheese, or go for a plain baked potato & salad (even though I hate baked potatoes) or if I should just say F it and stick with the remainder of the food I packed for lunch today (which currently consists of cantaloupe and oatmeal). Hmmmm.....I guess we'll just have to see what happens!

OH - and just for my Zumba ladies, here's the Song of the Day (I still want that damn top hat!!!)


Adam Lambert - If I Had You (Official Video)
Uploaded by Musickoliq. - See the latest featured music videos.

Talk to all of ya tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment