Thursday, February 23, 2012

I will be a Warrior!!!!

YAY!! Happy Thursday everyone!! This week has been a toughie for me - nutrition has been off all week and my energy has been totally zapped. I survived my classes yesterday but when I got home I went straight to bed & passed out! I was SO tired! Today I'm feeling better and hopefully the trend will continue!

The hubby and I are talking about changing our nutrition around - the plan we were on wasn't designed to last 2 months and I think we're both a little tired of it. I've always leaned towards a lower fat/protein higher carb diet because of my activity levels and known history of tummy issues - so this might work out well for me. Hubby is interested in something similar so we'll have to go grocery shopping and see what looks good

Anyways - to the reason for my title......HUBBY AND I REGISTERED FOR THE WARRIOR DASH TODAY!!!! Yahoo!!! OMG I'm SO excited!! Its going to be AMAZING!! There's a 6-7 week training program online, so we're going to start that at the beginning of March (or whenever I finish my Kettlebell swing challenge - whichever comes first!) This is going to be such a cool experience and I can't believe I get to share it with my hubby and some of my closest friends!! Its going to be incredible!!!

I was a bundle of energy today (excitement from registration I suppose) so I knocked out 825 swings without even blinking today! I could easily go do a few more, but I don't want to totally wipe myself out...I've got one class this afternoon that I still need energy for. If I manage to knock out some more swings, I'll be sure to update, but for now, I'm happy with what I've done today.

I'm noticing that my body has more power when I'm doing the swings - I feel more explosive when I'm moving upwards (if that makes any sense?!?) so I guess this challenge is doing me lots of good!! Also, ran my BF levels through a calculator today that a SparkFriend directly compared to a DexaScan & Ultrasound method (so she proved its accuracy) and it had me at a solid 23% - so all in all, I'm really pleased with that!!

Kettlebell Swings Challenge
Double Arm Swings with Squats: 8 sets of 25 reps
Single Arm Swings (Right) with Squats: 8 sets of 25 reps
Single Arm Swings (Left) with Squats: 8 sets of 25 reps
No Squat Swings: 9 sets of 25 reps

Total Calories Burned: 200 Calories
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Total Swings: 825

Alrighty, that's about it for me!! Tomorrow is Friday & payday (YAY!) got a lazy weekend planned, only 2,450 swings left (which I'm hoping to finish by Sunday) and I got DolphinTale on Netflix - yes, I'm a sappy nerd, but I wanna watch it. Lots of good things are coming our way!!!

The "10,000 Kettlebell Swing Challenge" Total Count: 7,550 Swings
Total Time Spent Whoopin' My Bum into Shape: 385 mins
Total Calories Burned Kickin' My Ass: 2451 Calories Torched

No comments:

Post a Comment