Friday, February 3, 2012

Happy Friday!

Alrighty! So today is a fabulous day! I found out I'm getting out of work an hour and a half early - so that's a great way to start the weekend!! I was also able to knock out my Kettlebell Swings at work today and my arms are still shaking from it! haha!

My first 3 sets today were done with my 15 pounder (I finally remembered to bring it from home!) and my final 2 were done with the 10 pounder - I did my last 4 sets pretty much back to back and didn't have a lot of time to recover, so my arms were toasted when I was finished! I'm thinking the 15 pounder is great for the squat swings, but its really difficult for the no squat swings - might have to work on that for sure since bringing 2 bells to work is kind of inconvenient.

Kettlebell Swings Challenge
Double Arm Swings with Squats: 5 sets of 25 reps (3 with 15 lbs and 2 with 10 lbs)
Single Arm Swings (Right) with Squats: 5 sets of 25 reps (3 with 15 lbs and 2 with 10 lbs)
Single Arm Swings (Left) with Squats: 5 sets of 25 reps (3 with 15 lbs and 2 with 10 lbs)
No Squat Swings: 5 sets of 25 reps (3 with 15 lbs and 2 with 10 lbs)

Total Workout Time Today: 41 Mins
Total Calories Burned: 260 Calories
Total Swings: 500 Swings!!

OH and another little victory - today I passed the "pencil test" Wahoo!! For those of you that don't know what it is, you put a pencil right where your butt meets your hamstrings - if it stays there, your bum obviously needs some lifting, but if it falls to the floor, you're nice & lifted!! And today, I tried it with a pen before I did my swings and it fell!!! Yippee!!! Gotta love squat butts!!!!

I surprisingly didn't have a lot of DOMS from yesterday's swings, but my legs were totally wiped out during my last 2 sets. My squats weren't as low as they normally are which is another reason why I switched back to the 10 pounder for the last 2 rounds. Gotta love strong shaky legs!!!

In other news, I've been observing my nutrition over the past 2 weeks. I noticed Wednesdays, I eat what I normally do. Thursdays, I eat what I normally do even though I'm kind of ravenous. Fridays, its all over - I'm super hungry ALL day and this usually leads to binges and going off my plan. So, this week I'm trying something different. I ate normally on Wednesday. Ate a little extra yesterday (in the form of chicken breast covered in Asian Zing sauce) and today (miraculously!) I'm not about to eat a horse! I'm sticking with my eating plan and am totally okay with it!! I'm happy with myself for figuring out that pattern, since it makes weekends just *that* much harder to get through!!

Tomorrow morning, I've got my class (yay!) and then I'll plan on getting my swings in over the course of the day. We have a friend coming in from out of town whom we haven't seen since the wedding, so we'll probably be hanging out with him most of the day. Hopefully I'll have enough time - otherwise I'll have to make up for it on Sunday!

Have a good weekend everyone!

The "10,000 Kettlebell Swing Challenge" Total Count: 1,225 Swings
Total Time Spent Whoopin' My Bum into Shape: 100 mins
Total Calories Burned Kickin' My Ass: 680 Calories

No comments:

Post a Comment