Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy Monday (kind of)

Alrighty peeps - its Monday again! I had a great lazy day yesterday and definitely could have had a few more lazy days before coming back to work today. After my 1,000 swing accomplishment on Saturday - my body was WIPED out yesterday. I was only able to do another 200 swings before my body just said "nope"

Kettlebell Swings Challenge
Double Arm Swings with Squats: 2 sets of 25 reps
Single Arm Swings (Right) with Squats: 2 sets of 25 reps
Single Arm Swings (Left) with Squats: 2 sets of 25 reps
No Squat Swings: 2 sets of 25 reps

Total Calories Burned: 40 Calories
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Total Swings: 200

This morning, I had a long-needed appointment with my endocrinologist. Its been a while since I got my bloodwork done and I wanted to make sure everything is working okay. I passed all the physical tests and he ordered a full thyroid screen for my bloodwork that should be back on Wednesday. He also suggested that I change the type of birth control I'm on - since that could be having an adverse impact on my thyroid & weight issues. *fabulous* So now I have an appointment on Friday with my primary care physician to get a full physical and get a different type of birth control.

I feel like a total space cadet today as well. I managed to pack myself breakfast & lunch and get all my information ready for my doctor's appointment. However, I totally forgot to grab my 10 pound kettlebell AND I forgot to put on my BodyBugg again this morning....*grumble* Anyways, I'm out of work in a few hours, meeting a friend for a little training session after work, then I'll be able to get home and relax a little before Zumba.

I have to do 625 swings today and 625 swings tomorrow to reach my goal before Wednesday. I'm off work on Wednesday and don't think I'll have any time to finish it then, so I want to make sure I'm finished beforehand. I have my 15 pound kettlebell here at work today, so I will see how many swings I can do with that one while I'm at work today. Hopefully it won't be too taxing on my system - considering I had bloodwork done and I've got Zumba class tonight

I'll update this later with any swings that I get done today! I wish I sat in a quiet corner of the office so I could swing at my desk and not have to worry about it...but I'm in the corner of a glorified "fishbowl" and everyone can see me! haha! I'll sneak away to the gym in a few minutes and hopefully knock a few hundred out without an issue.

The "10,000 Kettlebell Swing Challenge" Total Count: 8,750 Swings
Total Time Spent Whoopin' My Bum into Shape: 427 mins
Total Calories Burned Kickin' My Ass: 2716 Calories Torched

No comments:

Post a Comment