Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy Tuesday (at least its not Monday anymore!)

Hey everyone - happy Tuesday!!!

So I had my first Zumba class at Baila! last night and it went really well! We had around 10+ people there and considering its not even technically open yet - I think that's a great turn-out!!! I wore my Converse because I had issues with my shoes on the floor - it was a perfect amount of tread, but they were rubbing on my feet and I almost got blisters! OY - not good! So what does this mean - yet again, I need to go buy a pair of shoes for Zumba....at this rate, I'll have a different pair of shoes for each location I teach at!!

I didn't have time to nap before class like I wanted to, but I did my absolute best to get sleep last night - but for some reason I couldn't fall asleep again (too excited from successful Zumba class I think). I slept soundly, but for not long enough - which led to my body being a little more tired than usual this morning and my brain is a little foggy today. During my usual morning run, I found I was struggling more than I usually do (and only running at a pace of 5.5MPH, so its not like I was exceeding what my body is used to). I couldn't shut my brain off and just relax. I also discovered I can't listen to Zumba music and run - it just doesn't work because I want to dance! haha! So I'm going to see if I can nap this afternoon before Zumba and hopefully it will help me feel better.

Since I'm hypothyroid, I know that being tired often comes with the territory - so naps are my best friends sometimes. Hopefully some afternoon rest will help me feel a little more rested - but first I'm going on a mission to buy different shoes for Zumba! Tonight is Zumba at Curves, which is always super fun! I'm looking forward to it and its always a great workout. I might wear my weighted gloves tonight to help get some additional upper body strength training - but I don't want to push it if I still feel fatigued....hmmm....we'll have to see....

Total Miles Ran in 2011: 32 Miles
Total Calories Burned "Running From My Issues": 4,816 Calories GONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment