Thursday, February 7, 2013

Running goodies & new armbands!


Alrighty peeps, here's an update. My fabulous new armband that I got about 2 weeks ago....well it was totally defective. It worked for about 24 hours in a 4 day period so I got cranky & shipped it back. I decided that I wasn't going to use the Bluetooth armband anymore because it just seemed like more hassle than it was worth (and based on online reviews other people have similar issues)

So - I shipped it back & ordered the regular one...no Bluetooth, no gadgets...just an armband & a digital display. It still syncs with myfitnesspal for my food & EarndIt, so I'm happy with that. It was delivered last night and I'm already thrilled with how its working. It connected to sync right away with no issues at all. Its not the same size as the last one so I can't use my fun colored armbands anymore, but that's okay. As long as it works, I'm happy - and so far its working, so I'm thrilled!

I have set my goals pretty high this time around. I really want to get some of this squish off and start feeling good again. Before I got the armband, I managed to drop about 6lbs of excess holiday weight and I've kept it off, so I'm happy about that. I've got something to get excited & motivated for this time around - I won a vacation from my day job for being the top rep in the nation! Woot! I worked my tail off this year for it (and I've won the vacation before a few years ago too) so the hubby and I are getting an all expenses paid trip to Las Vegas in April! Yippee!!! I'm so excited!!!

SO - that being said, lots of motivation to feel good in my skin. I've come up with a training plan that will work around my current classes. Since I'm teaching my After School kids on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday - my running days are going to be Thursday, Saturday & Monday. The other days of the week, I'll do another type of workout - just anything to keep entertained....lifting, kettlebells, spinning, a DVD workout...whatever strikes my fancy. That way, I will keep myself from getting bored since I can do whatever I want. I'm happy with this plan. I'm going to try to get some movement every day, but I'll take Sunday off of vigorous activity as a rest day - meaning I'll walk like crazy (like I usually do) but probably no structured workouts on Sundays.

Since today is Thursday - its a running day & I was able to get the workout done while I was at work today. Here's a screenshot of the workout (ran through an app on my phone) but basically it was a 5 min warmup walk, run for 90 seconds at 5.5 MPH, walk for 90 seconds at 3.5, run for 3 minutes at 5.5 MPH, walk for 3 minutes at 3.5 - then repeat pattern & cooldown for 5 minutes. It was a good little workout.


 I wanted to ease back into running & get myself back to the point where I can run a 5K before we go on vacation. Continuing with this plan, I should be back up to the 5K distance within 6 or 7 weeks, so I'm super happy about that

Here's a pic of the treadmill when I was done. 1.91 miles covered in 28 mins, not too shabby! I feel really good & can't wait to get back into it!



In other news, classes have started again for this semester, so I'm currently working a full time job, teaching my after school kids & going back to college classes - its taking a lot of discipline to keep everything in line, but I'm doing really well at it!! Life is definitely good!! Hope things are good with everyone else!

Total Miles Ran in 2013: 4.44 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment