Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Hey everyone! I hope you are having a fabulous Valentine's Day!!! Its been an awesome day so far for me! Yesterday, I got a killer Kettlebell workout done & went to an unexpected dinner with my mommy since she was in town! We went to Flying Star after my classes and I totally couldn't pass up on the desserts (its FLYING STAR!) so I got a fabulous bread pudding & kept everything within my calorie goal! Woot!

After the workout yesterday, I had some fabulous DOMS this morning so I've been walking around like an old lady! BUT - I've been walking in style! haha!! I've been looking for black, red & skull Doc Martens for YEARS and I finally found a pair!! My fabulous hubby got them for me for Valentine's Day!! Yippee!! I absolutely love them!!! I'm still working on breaking them in, but I think these are the best boots EVER!


So - for lunch today, I swapped the Docs for my running sneakers & hit the treadmill. I've been doing a really good job at my plan of Thursday, Saturday, Monday running, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday something else training plan and I didn't want to get sidetracked today with all the chocolate & goodies flying around (though I've ignored ALL of them!)

Today's running workout stepped it up a notch from last week and I did W4D1's workout: Warm Up, Jog for 3 minutes at 5.5 MPH, Walk for 90 Seconds at 3.5, Run for 5 minutes at 5.5, Walk for 2.5 minutes at 3.5, Jog for 3 minutes at 5.5 MPH, Walk for 90 Seconds at 3.5, Run for 5 minutes at 5.0, Cool Down. Those 5 minute intervals were brutal!! Especially since I was SO sore from yesterday! Thankfully the movement will help get all that junk out of my muscles and I'll be feeling good again soon!


Total Cals Burned (according to digital display): 356 Cals
Total Steps Taken: 3513
Total Workout Time: 28 minutes

Anyways, I hope you all have a fabulous Valentine's Day! I'm gonna strut around in my new shoes at work then the hubby and I have planned a fabulous night in! We are going out for dinner on Saturday, so tonight is take out dinner & Hulu TV shows (which sounds AMAZING to me! haha!)

OH - and Deanna - for some reason I can never respond to your comments, so I'm just gonna reply here! YAY for your interval training!! That sounds super fun! That's similar to what I'm doing and I can totally see it improving distance running abilities!! I'll just be happy when I can run a 10K on a consistent basis, that's my goal for the time being :-)

And I will try to take a picture of my hair in natural lighting, the weather has been SO nasty & windy here that I'm barely outside and if I am my hair is pulled back :-P

Total Miles Ran in 2013: 9.69 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment