Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Workout for 07/20

Well, workouts have been kind of scarce recently. Been getting the house ready for the appraisal - which is tomorrow at 11am-ish. Did a ton of yard work and painted one of the bathrooms, so the normal workouts have been put on hold. However, one doesn't realize how much of an isometric strengh workout one can get from painting a bathroom - it definitely is awesome. Still have a lot to do before the appraisal as well. I have an appointment with a client after work today, then get to go paint our secondary bathroom, some ceilings and around some light fixtures - so lots more isometric work is in my future *note the excitement*

Its going to be a late night, but no worries. It will be worth it in the long run. We have already made a lot of improvements to the house, and so we are hoping that it appraises for a little more than when we bought it. Because of all this craziness, nutrition hasn't been in the forefront of my goals, but I've been keeping it within maintenance and 1500 cals depending on the day, which isn't too bad. I'm trying to get my body to get used to functioning at a certain calorie level, so training myself has definitely been interesting. Weight is still staying constant, which isn't a bad thing. Going to focus on cutting some body fat after my birthday, which is a little less than 2 weeks away.

Managed to get my regular running intervals in at work today. Considering I still have a ton of stuff to do today, and I am still sore from the house stuff done this weekend, I didn't push my speeds too much, but I maintained consistency which is good. Been doing some research into different types of workouts (like those for spies and ninjas! So fascinating!) so I might start incorporating some of those techniques into my routines.

Here's my workout from today - not too bad considering I'm still sore. Going to probably burn another 300 or so with my client tonight so overall a decent calorie burn for the day.

Warm Up
Interval 1: Run for 90 seconds at 7 MPH
Recovery period for 2 minutes at 4.0
Interval 2: Run for 90 seconds at 7 MPH
Recovery period for 2 minutes at 4.0
Interval 3: Run for 90 seconds at 7 MPH
Recovery period for 2 minutes at 4.0
Interval 4: Run for 90 seconds at 7 MPH
Recovery period for 2 minutes at 4.0
Interval 5: Run for 90 seconds at 7 MPH
Recovery period for 2 minutes at 4.0
Interval 6: Run for 90 seconds at 7 MPH
Cool Down

Total Workout Time: 28 mins
Total Calories Burned: 248
Total Distance: 2.08 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment