Thursday, July 8, 2010

Workout for 07/08/2010 - A Nice Little Lifting Workout

So I am starting a new lifting and interval cardio program that should work out well. I am working on improving my overall strength levels while also maintaining and improving my cardiovascular endurance too.

I see too many people that focus too much on one thing or another - wannabe body builders with ZERO cardio abilities or total cardio bunnies that have no strength at all. I don't want to end up like that - I want a healthy balance of both, so we'll see how this workout series sets up.

The ultimate goal is to drop some body fat and I have some smaller goals I want to accomplish in the meantime, and I think this will be a good combination of everything to accomplish those goals!

Today was Day One - Workout A of my Strength Training Phase One - not a bad little full body workout

Weighted Squats
2 sets of 15 reps with 90lbs of weight (this means I'm at 147lbs 1RM! Woot!)
35 degree angle Push Ups
2 sets of 15 reps
Seated Row
2 sets of 15 reps with Bowflex setting "30" in each arm
One Legged Step Up
2 sets of 15 reps with 15lb dumbbells in each hand (30lbs total) and bench at highest setting
Prone Jackknife
2 sets of 8 reps on Swiss Ball

Total Workout Time: 29 mins
Total Calories Burned: 180 Cals

No comments:

Post a Comment