Friday, September 2, 2011

YAY!!! NEW PR!!!! WAHOO!!!

So I am SUPER stoked right now!!! I haven't ran in over a week - and got an itch to just tear it up on the treadmill this morning...I was literally antsy and bouncy at my desk until my first break rolled around. I took it earlier than usual because I just couldn't wait anymore - I *HAD* to run!!! This is what I truly love about running...that random desire to just whoop my own butt!! Its amazing!!!

So I was hesitant to go for a new PR today....I haven't ran in a week and I didn't know what I was going to be capable of. I didn't want to push myself too hard and risk injury, but I wanted to push myself hard because I needed to run. Before I went to the treadmill, I reviewed my last PR run so I would have an idea of what I needed to hit. I also wrote my last time of 8:35 on a Post-It and put it on the treadmill - so I was forced to look at it the entire run.

I pushed myself to start at a nice 7.0 MPH and was good for the first quarter mile. I put on "Human" by The Killers and was totally jamming out. The second quarter mile I started to get my blood moving and I relaxed into the tempo of the run. By the third quarter mile, I was starting to feel the strain of running that fast, but I knew that I still had to pick up my pace if I was going to beat my last time. Halfway through the third quarter mile, I picked up my pace to 7.5 MPH and maintained that for a full quarter mile (still rockin' to The Killers - I put it on repeat since it was a good running song) - then, for the last 2/10 of a mile, I let myself go and topped out at 7.7 MPH! I felt like my legs were going to fall off and my lungs were straining to breathe - but I also felt incredible and accomplished! I finished in 8:23 - that's 12 seconds faster than the last PR I set for myself in July!!

I definitely count that as an accomplishment and am SUPER proud of myself right now! I haven't ran in a week...had no idea what I could do...and STILL shaved off 12 seconds off my fastest time!! I am THRILLED!!!

Zumba class went great last night and weight was still steady at 180lbs this morning (even after eating a 1/4 vegetarian twister burrito for dinner last night!) so I'm happy with that as well! Tonight I have my friend's Bachelorette/Bridal Shower Zumba Party, so that's going to be super awesome! I also just found out that my Big Boss is letting us leave at 830 this morning as a "Happy Holiday Weekend" gift!! Yippee!! I'm sensing a Vampire Diaries marathon is in my future!!! I've got laundry to do as well, so the extra time at home will definitely be appreciated!!

Hope you all have a safe and happy holiday weekend! Lots of love to all of you!!! *hugs*

Total Miles Ran in 2011: 119.96 Miles
Total Calories Burned "Running From My Issues": 17,825 Calories GONE

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I'm so envious of that 8 minute mile!! And so, so proud of you. Your accomplishments motivate me to get moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Ryan "Energizer" Ehmann, owner of Altitude Fitness and I’ve been out of shape several times in my life, so beat down – tens of thousands of dollars in debt, depressed and my self-esteem so crushed that I was afraid to go out in public. I turned to the fitness industry as the vehicle to heal my mind and body, and that’s when my dreams began to become a reality. The power of a proven fitness program is life changing so just imagine how much more you could give to your family, career and friends if you were on top of your game?



    There is a champion in everyone…including YOU!



    If you’ve ever wanted to lose that extra 12, 18, 24, 36 (or MORE!) inches of Body Fat off your frame and experience the benefits of a healthier lifestyle, then this message will cut to the chase and give you the answers you’re looking for. My fat loss training system have taken me 28,882 hours and 10 years of personal training to Master it so years ago I quit working at Gold's Gym as the Fitness Manager and opened a small, private workout facility to educate people about foods, fitness and lifestyle. Altitude fitness is a fun family atmosphere that people come as they are in grey sweets, white T-shirts, no make-up and they are accepted as a team member who want to learn and get in shape. No one is judged, it's not a fashion show and no matter your health or fitness shape you are a part of the Fat Loss Team working together.



    I promise my "Fat Burning Zone" training program will get you to LOSE 12 inches in 12 workouts, Energize your mind, shrink body fat, sky rocket your confidence, increase your self image of yourself, improve the quality of your life and people will be saying, "WOW, you look AMAZING and have a GLOW of happiness! This will be the last fitness program you ever do...............Wooo Hoooo

    ReplyDelete