Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hiya everyone!

Hey there! I hope everyone is doing well!! I haven't updated this thing in a while, so I figure an update is necessary - even if its brief.

The after school program is definitely keeping me busy - but its going really well! Its taking a lot out of me to get through Wednesdays (on average 3,000 cal burn days according to my Bugg) and I'm sleeping a lot more than I am used to - but that's to be expected when I'm working as much as I am.

The Curves location I'm teaching at is a totally different story - the owner decided to not renew their franchise (which expires in October) and the location is currently up for sale. My students asked me if I would buy the location, but (after much discussion) the hubby and I decided against it. We have lots of plans for the next year or so - and taking on a struggling business isn't really one of them. If we were at any other point in our lives, we would have probably been willing to take the risk - but we just can't do it right now. SO - needless to say, if the location doesn't get sold by October, those classes will be ending for me in November.

BUT - in other news, I was offered a job teaching at another Curves location in town once a week, so that will help make up for some of what I might lose when the other classes end.

I've been struggling with nutrition due to my overall lack of energy. Eating happens when I can and I honestly haven't had a lot of "good" days in the past week. Weight has been maintaining though - on average between 180-183lbs depending on sodium intake. I've been struggling with excess hunger due to being so tired and find myself justifying poor nutrition to give me quick energy when I need it to get through the day. I haven't been tracking my food because I'm trying to teach myself intuitive eating patterns and I think its slowly starting to work. Food has been almost 100% vegetarian and that is helping me feel better too

Last night, the hubby, a friend and I went to Zio's for dinner and I had my usual pasta, soup and a few pieces of bread. We all shared an appetizer (which I had about 1/3 of), I ate 4 pieces of bread, half my soup and only about 6 bites of my pasta before I was full. I didn't force myself to eat anymore, felt reasonably full after dinner and brought the rest home for lunch today.

However, around 10pm last night my tummy felt AWFUL! I couldn't get comfortable in bed due to tummy pains, had hot/cold flashes, was constantly nauseous and desperately wanted to purge just so I could feel better (even though I didn't). I was waking up at multiple points in the night (about every 45 mins-hour) and feel totally wiped out today which isn't good since its a crazy Wednesday with work and my 3 classes. Needless to say, the leftovers will NOT be eaten today...UGH! I don't want to take the risk of feeling yuck again in case it was the pasta that messed with me.

I've barely had an appetite and have only eaten because I've forced myself too. I know that today is a 3,000 cal burn day and I need fuel to keep me going. I've managed to eat a Clif Bar and a plain cheese quesadilla from the cafe at work - which made me feel woozy, but the calories are helping clear my head. At least I'm keeping that down at the moment. Now I'm just sipping water and Diet Dr Pepper and I'll probably avoid food for a while. I don't want to get sick right now...no bueno! All I want to do is nap - but that won't happen until after classes today - which means I'll probably go home and just pass out until work tomorrow morning.

Okay - I think that's about it for me. Lots going on, and hopefully the next few weeks will go quickly! I'm excited about our anniversary trip and can't wait to get out of town!! OH - and I need to feel better....ASAP....

No comments:

Post a Comment