Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Feelin' Good

Hey there! I hope things are good with everyone! Things are finally calming down and getting back to normal for me - which is awesome! I was able to run today for the first time in almost 2 weeks and it felt incredible! I didn't push it too fast and only ran 1 mile at an 11 min mile pace - but it still felt fabulous to get moving again.

Last night was my normal Zumba class at Curves - and we received some bad news. The owner of the location has decided to not renew the franchise when it expires on October 1st. So our location is currently up for sale, and if its not purchased by Halloween - our site will be closing! So sad!! I actually had a lot of my students asking me if I'd consider buying the location - and the hubby and I agreed that if it were ANY other time, we'd probably consider it. However, right now we are focusing on getting out of debt completely and don't really want to take on any more financial challenges or risks right now. Anyways, so if no one buys the location - my Curves classes will be gone at the end of October and it makes me super sad - I love all my ladies there!

In other news, yesterday I kept things 100% vegetarian and I'm already feeling SO much better. Would have been 100% vegan, but ate some leftover macaroni and cheese around lunch time that was super yummy. Weight dropped down to 180.2 this morning and today I'm staying 100% vegan and already feeling great today as well - definitely more alert than I have been. Made myself take a nice 2 hour nap before my Curves class last night (to help catch up on sleep) and got a good amount of sleep last night as well. I am starting to feel more rested and recovered from all the crazy of this weekend.

EDIT: Oh - and today begins day 2 of "eating by feel" - I haven't been counting calories and we're going to see how this works. The last time I actually made any decent weight loss progress in my life - I didn't count calories. So I think there's something to be said for trusting your body to tell you when its hungry and when its not - instead of forcing yourself to eat and messing things up. This seems to work really well for me when I'm vegan - since its tricky to eat over maintenance calories when I'm not being an omnivore or a "dirty vegan" - which helps with the hunger and weight loss/maintenance. I'm going to see how this goes for about a week or so and determine if its working for me (or if I should start counting again!)

This weekend (Sunday) was supposed to be my first 5K race of the year. However, we have a friend's wedding reception on the 17th and are still feeling fatigued from the past few weeks - so we have decided to not enter it this year. We would rather continue to improve and run individual races in October than try to push ourselves too hard to get to a 7am gun time the day after our friend's wedding reception.

In other news - one of our most favorite restaurants in town is moving locations, and has invited us in for a complimentary dinner on Friday night so that they can "get accustomed" to the new location! WOW! We are so excited! What a fun experience! I need to call today and confirm our reservations - but YAY for DATE NIGHT (especially a FREE one!). Anyways, that evening will DEFINITELY not be vegetarian, but the food is high quality and shouldn't cause me any issues. So excited for it!

Today starts the second week of the after school program - and today I'm hitting 2 schools after work! I'm excited and it should be super fun! Hopefully it will go really well!!! I am having a really good time with this program and can't believe I've been given this opportunity!!

I think that's about it for me - starting to feel better and ready to get back to the crazy of my normal routine! Hope you all have a great day!

Total Miles Ran in 2011: 120.96 Miles
Total Calories Burned "Running From My Issues": 17,985 Calories GONE

No comments:

Post a Comment