Friday, September 23, 2011

Okay...I feel better now...

I just strapped on my running shoes and hit the treadmill on my break at work. Knocked out a mile in 10:35 - not too shabby considering I haven't really ran in weeks (and with the exception of my shoes I'm not wearing workout gear!) I purposefully left my iPod on my desk and ran in silence (well with the exception of the huffing & puffing coming from the dude walking next to me) - but I was basically alone with my brain - which was amazingly active. I'm always astounded by the things that come up in my head when I run

The first quarter mile was tough, getting back into the rhythm of running. The second quarter mile was alright - slightly uncomfortable, but overall okay. Third quarter, I was on that "downhill stretch" and I started to get comfortable with my running stride and breathing again. And the last quarter mile, I found my stride, shut up my brain, picked up my speed and just ran. It felt fabulous!

Now if I only had the free time and energy to be able to do that every day...

Total Miles Ran in 2011: 121.96 Miles
Total Calories Burned "Running From My Issues": 18,145 Calories GONE

No comments:

Post a Comment