Friday, September 23, 2011

An Update From My World!

Hey everyone! I don't have too much time to post an official update but I wanted to let everyone know how things are going!

The Zumbatomic After School program is going amazingly well!!! I am having a blast, the kids love it and I'm definitely getting my workouts in!! Between 5 Zumbatomic classes a week, my Curves Zumba classes 3 days a week and my 40 hr/week 5am day job - I don't have much time for anything else! I'm averaging at least 500 calorie workouts 5 days a week (right now Friday and Sunday are the days I don't have any classes - so I'm lazy those days!)

I've noticed my body is adapting to the new level of exercise well. Wednesdays are consistently 3,100+ calorie burn days according to my Bugg (since I work 8 hours then teach 3 back to back classes) and it was easier this week than last week - so I'm seeing endurance improvements. Yesterday (with only 1 class) I burned 2,489 calories on my Bugg - so my burns are super high right now. Gotta love a fired up metabolism *grin*

While this is great - but I've also noticed a slight downside....I'm hungry ALL the time! haha! Its been tough to eat consistently healthy all the time and eat enough to maintain my energy levels. Eating vegan/vegetarian, its really tricky to eat THAT much food - have you ever seen 2,000-2,500 calories of fruits and veggies?!?!?!? That's a TON of food to eat!! OY!!!

So needless to say, I'm having some issues with this ravenous hunger. I'm finding that I'm eating out a lot (mostly because I'm too tired to cook) so water weight is hiding any weight loss that might be happening. I'm still sitting right around 180-182lbs, but I can't really complain too much since I'm feeling leaner than I was before - so I know something is working right. My body is now capable of sustaining 3,000+ calorie burn days on a regular basis! I gotta be proud of that!

Also, because my world is being consumed by my Zumba classes, I'm starting to notice that I'm getting antsy. I need to do something for myself to help keep myself sane. The easy solution for this is to run - but my body can't quite handle that on Zumbatomic/Zumba days just yet and I can't run the risk of injury. I haven't ran anything longer than a mile in weeks and its starting to get to me. Even though its a rest day - I might strap on my shoes and just run a little bit today and/or Sunday. I've gotta maintain some sense of sanity during this crazy time! Part of me just wants to run and run and run until I can't run anymore - something about that total exhaustion sounds amazing to me right about now (yes - I am a glutton for punishment!)

I think that's about it! Hubby and I had a great date night last weekend!! I took pics, but forgot them at home - so I'm sorry they're not here to post!! We got to go to the Melting Pot (YUM!) and have a complimentary 4 course meal!! Cheese, salads, seafood/steak and chocolate fondue AND 3 glasses of wine for me (woot!) - it was super yummy!!! And our anniversary trip is coming up soon, so I'm super excited about that too! It will be nice to get out of town for a few days!! I seriously can't believe its been almost 2 years since we got married!! Time sure flies!!

Anyways, that's about it for me!! We don't have any plans for tonight - which is super nice! Gonna relax and watch some stuff on the DVR that's been waiting for me all week! Looking forward to a little downtime this weekend (hopefully!)

No comments:

Post a Comment