Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Running Rocks!

Okay - today was a running day and I feel amazing afterwards! No issues at all - knees felt great, body felt energetic, head was clear, breathing was calm....overall, the perfect run!!! I didn't push to go faster, I ran at a comfortable 5.0 MPH the whole time and it was awesome. I kept the lights in the gym off, so the room was filled with the soft natural light coming from the snowstorm outside. It literally was perfect. I could have easily kept going and going and going....I just didn't want to stop, especially since that meant I had to go back to work :-P

Since the Week 4 workout was a little easy for me last week, I decided to jump into Week 5 Day 1 today - which was 3 running intervals of 5 minutes a piece

Warm Up
Run at 5.0 MPH for 5 minutes
Walk at 3.5 MPH for 3 minutes
Run at 5.0 MPH for 5 minutes
Walk at 3.5 MPH for 3 minutes
Run at 5.0 MPH for 5 minutes
Cool Down

Total Calories Burned: 300
Total Distance Ran: 1.66 miles
Total Workout Time: 24 minutes

In other news, today we got hit with a random April snow storm. Not sure if I'll have my classes this afternoon or not. If it turns out I don't have my classes, I might hit the treadmill again just so I can average a good cardio burn for the day. Not sure if I'll be able to find that awesome perfection again, but I can sure try.

Miles Ran Towards A Better Me in 2012: 4.37 Miles
Total Calories Burned: 810

No comments:

Post a Comment