Thursday, April 12, 2012

Crappy Days Make The Best Runs

So its been a rough few weeks at work. The company I worked for has decided to consolidate their business and that's making my job harder. There's just lots of junky things going on and its really getting to be hard to make it through the day with a positive attitude. Today I had meetings for 3 hours straight where the consolidation was discussed. Needless to say, my brain was mush after that.

I had planned on running at lunch today. The plan was to do another interval day since I did a longer solid run on Tuesday. I wasn't sure which workout I'd do, I figured I'd wing it depending on how I was feeling after all my meetings. Well, I was grumpy. I didn't want to do anything. The intervals still sounded appealing - only because I could have walking breaks.

For some silly reason, I started the Week 5 Day 3 (solid 20 min run) workout on the IPOD on the way back to the gym. Even when I started my warm up, I still wasn't convinced I was going to run the whole 20 minutes. But somehow - I channeled all that frustration into one of the best runs ever. The 20 minutes flew by and I had a steady effortless pace the whole time. It took me a few minutes to find my groove, but once I did - the run was amazing. I sang along with my music, cleared my head and thought about the things that were really bugging me. Granted, the issues are still on my brain, but I'm not as grumpy anymore - which is progress.

Week 5 Day 3:
Warm Up
Run for 20 minutes at 5 MPH
Cool Down

Total Workout Time: 26 Minutes
Total Calories Burned: 320 Calories
Total Distance Ran: 1.83 miles

Overall - great workout. Still kinda crappy day, but great workout. I have one class this afternoon that should be super fun and then one class tomorrow afternoon. So a nice way to ease into the weekend for sure!

Miles Ran Towards A Better Me in 2012: 9.82 Miles
Total Calories Burned: 1740 Calories Burned

No comments:

Post a Comment