Thursday, April 5, 2012

Another Amazing Run!

So Happy Thursday!!! Today is a great day - its my mommy's birthday, so we're going out to dinner with her, woke up to another drop in the scale (5.2 pounds in total so far!) AND today is a running day! Yippee!

SO - since its mommy's birthday and we're doing dinner, today is an "off diet" day. I'm eating normally but within reason. This morning had a burrito from work and had a muffin as a snack. We are going to a local NM restaurant for a late lunch which is going to be fabulous. Not expecting a drop in the scale today - but I'm not worried. It will all be water anyways. There's almost no way I can overeat the surplus I've already created this week :-D

Today at lunch, I knocked out another running workout and once again - it felt incredible. I made it through the Week 5 Day 2 workout with ease - I wish I had more time on lunches, I'd keep running longer!

Today's Workout:

Warm Up
Run for 8 minutes at 5.0 MPH
Walk for 5 minutes at 3.5 MPH
Run for 7 minutes at 5.0 MPH and 1 minute at 5.5 MPH (total 8 mins running)
Cool Down

Total Distance: 1.77 miles
Total Calories Burned: 300
Total Workout Time: 26 Minutes

In other news, I decided to finally read this little book called "The Hunger Games" - there's a lot of hype about it, and I finally got curious. Well....it lives up to the hype. I'm definitely enjoying reading it and got totally sucked into it! Its a really cool world that the author has created!

Anyways, that's it for me. I don't have Zumba tonight or tomorrow and I will probably be scarce throughout the weekend - but hopefully everyone has a great few days! Maybe another run will happen this weekend!

Miles Ran Towards A Better Me in 2012: 6.14 Miles
Total Calories Burned: 1110

No comments:

Post a Comment