Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Back At It

Hey peeps! I'm back and going to be blogging more regularly again. Things have been super busy - but in a good way. I have 3 weeks left of my first semester for the after school program! I can't believe how fast the time is flying! I'm getting ready and excited to start the next semester of the program!

We had a great Thanksgiving filled with lots of friends, family and food! As of yesterday, the hubby and I got back on track with our nutrition (set at 1600 calories/day-ish) and I'm already feeling better. Dropped 3lbs of water weight overnight so I'm happy about that! I'm hoping to keep things on track for the next few weeks and hopefully get a good head start on the holiday season - so Christmas isn't so hard this year.

I haven't been able to run since before I was sick - and that's okay with me. I know my limitations and I'm not going to push it. I need to stay healthy for my classes and anything beyond that is totally extra.

In other news, I've been researching renewing my PT Cert which is due at the end of April this year. I can't believe its already been almost 2 years since I finished that program! EEP! Time really is flying! I've got to complete a few more CEU credits and renew my CPR/AED cert before that's done, so I'll be looking to get a start on that in the next few weeks.

Also, the hubby and I have talked about finishing our Bachelor's Degree programs and we think we found an online program that will work best for both of us and allow us to finish school at our own pace (i.e. I can theoretically finish faster than the 8 semesters) All the books are included with the cost of tuition, so I won't need to shell out extra cash for books whenever I start a new class - which is awesome! The other perk is that all financing is done through them so I don't need to take out any loans and I can get reimbursed for tuition through my day job - so I really shouldn't have to pay a whole lot to finish my degree...which is a perk.

If all goes as planned, both of us should be enrolled before the end of the year *fingers crossed* I miss being in school. I like learning new things and constantly challenging myself. Its been over a year since I've been in school (I finished my fitness nutrition in October 2010) and have completed Zumba classes/licenses since then - but it would be nice to start working towards a degree again.

Anyways, enough rambling for me...have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment