Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I am alive!!!!

So this past weekend I got hit with the yuckiest stomach bug I've ever had (and I mean ever). I don't get sick often, and this one had me out of commission all weekend. No bueno. The stomach pains were so bad that I didn't want to eat anything - dropped 5lbs in water weight the first night! After a few days of recovery, I'm feeling about 95% better. I rehydrated and have been forcing myself to eat higher amounts of sodium so weight came back up. Still a little weak - but overall okay.

Made it through my 2 classes yesterday without much of an issue, so I'm thinking I'll be okay in my classes today. I'll just have to do the best I can and not completely exhaust myself & risk getting sick again. Nutrition has been crap - but weight is maintaining at or around 185ish, which is good. For the past few days, I've been eating whatever sounds good (considering I couldn't really eat for 3 days) just to get my strength back - which has basically amounted to crap...nachos, burritos...you get the idea. Once my strength is back to 100%, I'll start cleaning it up a little bit but I figure that I'm just going to try to maintain what I can through the weekend and see where I'm at on Monday.

In other news, hubby and I got new phones on Monday! Wahoo!!! Super sexy iPhones (the brand spankin' new 4s ones)!!! We switched carriers to get better service and couldn't be happier! Woot! I am so emotionally attached to it already - its scary! haha! Hubby loves his too! I'm still learning it (since I've been android for a few years now) but I'm loving it so far!!!



Anyways, I'm still keeping a written diary of how food has been affecting me - so that's helping me figure some things out. I need to figure out what my mental hang up is with food - why do I overeat, etc. If I can figure this out, then I can truly fix the rest of my life - instead of creating just another "diet plan". The Great Unknown was a way to start that, and it hasn't been working too well - but maybe I'll continue it into the new year. Learning to trust myself implicitly is a big step for me - I'm not surprised its taking me a few months to start getting it right.

In other news, due to above mentioned illness - running has been non-existant. Work and paying Zumba classes has been priority #1. Now that I'm starting to feel better, I might dabble in running again this weekend - but I'm terrified about relapsing into this illness and refuse to push myself too hard. And with Thanksgiving coming up, we'll be doing lots of family stuff and running around - so don't know if I'll have lots of time to do much of anything.

I think that's about it for me. Going to avoid most of a potluck at work which is good. I brought pumpkin pie though, and I might allow myself a little slice without whipped cream since its my fav. I'm teaching 3 classes after work and its not going to kill me to eat a piece of pie :-P

Have a good day everyone! I'm off to play with my new phone some more :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment