Friday, November 4, 2011

That was a good run....

So I got in a good run after work today. I had the day off from classes - so I decided to run. No time constraints, pushing for PRs or any other stresses - just run. As far as I wanted, I walked when I wanted to and ran when I wanted to - just whatever the hell I wanted to do and it was fantastic!

I haven't been able to run (I mean really run) in months - so today was just about getting myself a good workout and feeling good about myself again. Top speed was 6.5 MPH, with walking intervals every half mile or so (I'd sprint then walk, sprint then walk) for a full 5K. I realized that I need to work on my running conditioning again - but that will come with time.

For now, I just enjoyed the awesomeness of being able to run again. I'm toying with the idea of the Marathon to Christmas idea again - a mile a day from Thanksgiving until Christmas - but maybe just a little different. Maybe a mile a day from now until the end of the year - something along the lines of "My Ultra to 2012". Who knows - it would be really good to run today and I know I'd enjoy that freedom of running again on a regular basis

Total Workout Time: 51 Minutes (Including Warm Up And Cool Down)
Total Calories Burned: 505 Calories
Total Distance Traveled: 3.75 miles (3.12 during workout - rest through warm up and cool down)

Now time to change and get ready to go out. We are taking the bike to the Honda dealership today to get repaired and then out to dinner at a local BBQ place. Should be a good evening! Tomorrow is class and training with a client - if I have the energy maybe I'll throw some kettlebells around tomorrow...we'll see how I'm feeling. I don't want to push it too hard, but I want to push myself a little farther than my current boundaries are set....damn me and my constant drive to better myself as a person!!! haha!

Total Miles Ran in 2011: 128.2 Miles
Total Calories Burned "Running From My Issues": 19,150 Calories GONE

No comments:

Post a Comment