Thursday, March 29, 2012

Good Day

Hey everyone - sorry I've been scarce. Its just been a stupid busy week and there's been lots going on. Nutrition has been so-so but never a surplus with what I'm burning - which is good. Some days are higher than others, but I guess it all averages out. I've been super tired recently so I'm looking forward to some downtime this weekend so I can rest up.

Today, I had a great running workout on my lunch break - figured it was better to do a structured program, so I jumped back into the C25K program. Since I am already conditioned a little bit, I started back up on Week 4 of the program which worked out really well. It was nicely challenging - not too easy, and not too hard.

Here's the Workout:
Warm Up
Run for 3 minutes at 5.5+ MPH (I forgot exactly how fast I went)
Walk for 90 Seconds at 3.5 MPH
Run for 5 minutes at 5.0 MPH
Walk for 3 minutes at 3.5 MPH
Run for 3 minutes at 5.0 MPH
Walk for 90 Seconds at 3.5 MPH
Run for 5 minutes at 5.0 MPH
Cool Down

Total Workout Time: 25 Minutes
Total Calories Burned: 315
Total Mileage: 1.71 miles

It felt great to get back to a structured program - it was easier to push myself knowing the goals I needed to hit, instead of just running and trying to figure out how I was gonna eventually hit 5K.

In other news - I'm feeling totally BLEAH today. Just kinda off. I'm off work in about 15 minutes and hoping that a nice lunch and a nap before Zumba class once I'm off will help with that.

Anyways, that's about it for me - yay for running. I need to keep it up. My body always feels better after a good run

Miles Ran Towards A Better Me in 2012: 2.71 Miles
Total Calories Burned: 510

No comments:

Post a Comment