Friday, March 23, 2012

Today's been a hard day....

So as my title states - its been a rough 24 hours for us. Yesterday, I found out the company I work for is closing 7 of its 24 sites and cutting 3300+ jobs. While my site isn't one of the ones being shut down, it still has a huge impact on the business. Then, got a text from another friend this morning - his job has been eliminated and he was demoted (though still currently employed the demotion means he can't afford to pay his bills). Then this afternoon, another friend reported issues at her job as well. What the hell is going on?!? I don't think that my brain can handle any more employment/job issues today.

Hubby and I have been spending the whole day talking about how important it is to keep on track with our debt payoff plans. Seeing others being impacted like this just goes to show that we don't ever really know how safe any of our jobs are and we should take advantage of them while we can. We are really going to buckle down and get things paid off in the next few months.

In other news, I've been feeling junky for a few days now. With my new mode of BC that I started a few weeks ago - TOM is right around the corner and all the joys that come with it are wreaking havoc on my body for the first time in over 4 years....sometimes I hate being a girl. I'm grumpy, bloated & generally cranky....bleah....due to TOM and less than stellar nutrition since the kiddo is here, weight is up a little bit higher than usual...so ready for that to drop off and things to get back to normal

The kiddo has been with us all week, and I love having him here. Today we went to the dinosaur museum and had a blast! It will be sad to see him leave again in a few days. Not sure what the plans are tonight, but we're probably going out to dinner with some friends and hanging out a little bit.

Last bit of information, the coordinator for the After School program has asked me to lead a ZumbAtomic demonstration at the yearly Expo for our city at the end of April!! Its a HUGE opportunity to not only display what I've been doing with the program, but it will also get my name out there for additional opportunities. This is an amazing opportunity and definitely some motivation to keep nutrition in line. I wanna be able to confidently sport my ZumbaWear around the Expo - so this extra pudge needs to come off ASAP

That's about it - time to go chill with my boys :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could email me?
    David

    ReplyDelete