Thursday, December 22, 2011

I always manage to get sucked back in....

I ended up with an extra 30 mins at work this morning...so what did I do??? I ran. I walked to the gym (at 530 in the morning) and knocked out over a mile on the treadmill. Granted, I haven't ran since my demon stomach bug back in November - but nonetheless, I got my ass on that treadmill and I ran.

I knocked out a mile in 11:50 - which I didn't think was really that bad considering its been over a month (actually closer to 6 weeks - last run was November 9th!). The first quarter mile is always the hardest - getting in the groove, convincing yourself you actually *ARE* capable of getting your distance met. But then, as usual - I got into my groove, put on some good tunes (specifically Prepare to Be Wrong) and just enjoyed the process. I wasn't dying, I wasn't hurting, I wasn't suffering - I was enjoying myself!

Appetite has been wonky the past few days, but its helped me get my weight down a little bit. Dropped 3 pounds from yesterday so I'm already feeling better. Today got an egg, chile & cheese burrito for breakfast after my run - but I had to force myself to order it because I just didn't have an appetite. But now that I've eaten, I do feel better - so I'm glad I did.

Today is also Day 4 with no soda or caffeine! I wanted to try to cut back on it because it wasn't doing good things to my thyroid, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Been drinking nothing but water (and a decaf latte Tuesday morning and a cup of green tea at a chinese restaurant 2 days ago) - and I'm already noticing positive benefits. Even though I've been a little grumpy and I've had to take some ibuprofen, I'm feeling better, sleeping better and starting to get my energy levels back. I'm missing the bubbles of soda, so I think I'll be drinking sparkling water with some Mio in it to satisfy that craving, but overall it hasn't been too bad. Maybe an investement in a Soda Stream is in my future, since sparkling water is so expensive....

Anyways, tomorrow night we have a Costume Party to go to - and I tried on my costume yesterday. It actually made me feel pretty darn fabulous...I didn't feel fat or squishy at all (which was surprising!) It made me appreciate that even if the scale is being evil, I don't actually look as bad as I thought. I'll be sure to post pics (just not sure if its going to have to be after Christmas since we're so busy!)

Since I don't have my kids again until January, I'll be pushing myself to get some kind of movement each day throughout the holiday. Just that little 11 min run today upped my energy levels and made me feel SO much better - so I'll be sure to be adding that into my regular routine. Perhaps a Bosu routine and an interval workout on the treadmill is in my future today! Yippee!

Total Miles Ran in 2011: 132.2 Miles
Total Calories Burned "Running From My Issues": 19,860 Calories GONE

No comments:

Post a Comment