Thursday, December 15, 2011

Hittin' the Weights...

So today started the "Lunchtime Strength Training Routine" and it felt good! I didn't get a massive calorie burn - but that's to be expected since my cardiovascular rate is so high. Hopefully this is enough to see some changes and keep my muscle (if not make them more defined!)

Got the joy of doing the workout today in bootcut jeans, reebok sneakers and a green skull t-shirt...totally spaced out bringing workout clothes to work...go me! BUT - I didn't use that as an excuse to NOT work out! Squats were about parallel or a little lower - since I don't have the ROM in jeans that I do in workout gear. Had to ditch the lunges after 5 reps on each leg - I tweaked my knee in class last night and the lunges were pissing it off so I didn't want to do anything terrible to it

Okie - so here's what I did today. I know I can move more volume than this, but since I'm restricted to dumbbells and don't have bars & plates - this was what I was able to do today. Since I couldn't go higher in weights, went higher on the reps so I think it still sufficiently kicked my ass - overall wasn't too shabby for a little full body routine. I went through each set as quickly as possible, with no rest between exercises to make a circuit workout (so for the arm stuff there was no rest between row #1, row #2 then shoulder press - they were toast by the end!)

Strength Workout 12/15/2011
Deadlifts: 50lbs (two 25lbs in each hand) X 15 reps for 2 sets
Squats: 20lbs (two 10lb in each hand held up at shoulder height) X 15 reps for 2 sets
Bench Press: 10lbs each hand X 15 reps, 15lbs each hand X 15 reps
Lunges: 10lbs in each hand X 5 reps (one set only - wonky knee)
Lat Pulldown: 50lbs X 15 reps for 2 sets
Row #1: 10lbs each hand X 15 reps for 2 sets
Row #2: 10lbs each hand X 15 reps for 2 sets
Shoulder Press/Bicep Curls: 10lbs each hand X 15 reps for 2 sets
Bicycle Crunches: 2 sets of 25 reps
Skull Crushers: 1 set of 15 reps with 10lbs in each hand

Total Workout Time: 22 minutes
Total Calorie Burn: 135 Calories (like I said...not too high, but that's the joy of being cardiovascularly fit)

So tonight is my last night of my after school program! I was totally wiped after all 3 of my classes yesterday, but still can't believe how fast this year has gone already! I'm excited for my new classes, but I will really miss the kiddos that I've had this semester so far!

Other than that, hubby and I have a date night planned for Friday evening - should be super fun! The bike is finished at the repair shop, so hopefully we'll be able to pick it up this afternoon. I've been eating like a horse recently (and am still hungry right now, but I guess post workout that's to be expected) - but weight is about the same, so its good to know that I'm maintaining with all this crazy that's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment