Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Long Overdue Update!!!

Hey there - I know its been a few weeks since I've updated, so I figured I'd post an update of my workout adventures! I ran my 5K and my leg held up beautifully! It was truly an amazing experience! I hit the time I wanted to (around 35 mins) and ran it with my grandpa - which was incredible! After that, my ankle started to bug me a little bit so I took a week off from running. A week after my 5K, the hubby and I did a 5K walk (and sometimes jog since we wanted a better workout) to support ALS - which was another amazing experience. After the ALS walk, my ankle was a little sore again - which means that I still need to rest it before I jump back into running.

SO - with that, I have planned my next fitness adventures!! I am going to begin training for my first endurance race! Woot!! In Mid-October, after my 1 year anniversary, I am going to begin a 26 week running program to build endurance and speed and cut excess body fat. I am waiting until this time for a few reasons, I don't want any nutrition restrictions for our anniversary & I want sufficient time to allow my ankle and knee to get stronger after their injuries.

I have also picked up a book specifically designed for nutrition for endurance athletes - which is going to be amazing! I have started eating at maintenance as of yesterday and plan on sticking with that through my training program (as per the book) so I am eating 1900 calories a day! EEK that's a lot! haha! It should definitely be awesome once my body adapts to it! I wanted to adapt to eating to that now so that the jump in calories didn't impact me when I started my new running program.

So now I am going to enjoy a few weeks of downtime, maybe throw in the occasional workout - but main focus is to get nutrition in line now - so that I don't need to worry about it later. Photo blog will be updated regularly with my 1900 goals in hopes that I can start eating "by eye" and not have to count everything I eat.

Anyways - that's about it for now. I probably won't be updating much until I start the new plan, since I'm not working out a whole lot. But if I do - I'll post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment