Thursday, September 9, 2010

Today's Run

So today's run was a tough one. I think that today was a culmination of weeks worth of bottled up stress & fatigue. I haven't been sleeping well this week, but that was partially my fault - Monday night got hit with insomnia, Tuesday was America's Got Talent and I didn't get to bed until after 10 and last night I fell into a good book and didn't get to bed until 10. For a normal person, this wouldn't be late at all - but I have to be at work by 6am and the alarm goes off at 4am. 3 nights in a row of less than 6 hours of sleep doesn't do good things for me.

Being a hypothyroid, I'm naturally tired almost all the time and the lack of sleep didn't help much - so I've been drinking more caffeine and energy drinks than I usually do to get through the past few days, which means I haven't had as much water as I probably should. Work has been a little stressful which hasn't helped matters either. Tonight, we have friends coming over for the football game so I have been rationing out my calories so that I can eat the yummy turkey burgers that the hubby is grilling tonight - meaning I didn't have as much calorie fuel as I normally have for my runs.

Oh - and the air conditioning went out at the gym today - so I was running in a nasty hot room with no air circulation!

All of this stuff added up to a fun run on the treadmill today. I found that I was struggling more than normal and my knees were bugging me more than usual. I've got the left one wrapped and iced it earlier to prevent any possible swelling, and I can't afford to injure it prior to my race - so I'm going to take it easy for the next 2 days.

Anyways - now that I've ranted enough about my crappy afternoon - here's my run today. I didn't do bad at all, considering the circumstances - still made a quick time and am averaging an 11 min mile for the whole run. Hopefully a few days of rest and relaxation will make for a better run on Sunday

Warm Up: 5 mins brisk walk
Run for 3.1 miles (between 5.3 and 6.5 miles per hour) in 33 mins 37 seconds
Cool Down: 7 mins of walking to lower heart rate and slow stretching after

Total Workout time: 49 mins
Total Calories Burned: 500
Total Distance Covered (with warm up and cool down): 3.74 miles
Average Heart Rate: 79%
Max Heart Rate: 94%

No comments:

Post a Comment